Need Help
Feb 6, 2013 at 8:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

Mr Lulz

New Head-Fier
Hey guys! I know that there are many threads based that are alot like mine, but i need some help. I listen to alot of Drum 'n Bass, Hip-Hop, and Rock, but the headphones I am looking for need to focus on the first two genres I listed. I will be using an iPod Touch 4g (unamped), so the headphones need to sound good without an amp. I want them to be closed and have minimal sound leakage. I also want them to not be ugly, as I will be wearing them in public. Finally, I  REALLY want to keep the price under $150, but I can go up to $200 if needed. Thanks.

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #2 of 12
Checkout the Ultrasones, DT770 (Pro-80 or LE-32), Custom One Pro, UE6000, and if you want a ridiculous amount of bass quantity-- the Sony XB models.

Others will have more recommendations.

Feb 6, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #3 of 12
Quote:
Hey guys! I know that there are many threads based that are alot like mine, but i need some help. I listen to alot of Drum 'n Bass, Hip-Hop, and Rock, but the headphones I am looking for need to focus on the first two genres I listed. I will be using an iPod Touch 4g (unamped), so the headphones need to sound good without an amp. I want them to be closed and have minimal sound leakage. I also want them to not be ugly, as I will be wearing them in public. Finally, I  REALLY want to keep the price under $150, but I can go up to $200 if needed. Thanks.

Heya,

Look into:

Logitech UE 6000
Beyer DT770 PRO LE 32ohm
Beyer Custom One Pro
Ultrasone HFI 580
Shure SRH750 DJ
Sony MDRZX700

Very best,

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #5 of 12
Yes they will sound good directly out of the iPod touch. No, they don't rest as well around the neck as other smaller and/or foldable cans do. Yes, they should be fine for smallish heads.

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #7 of 12
Quote:
Do the Custom One Pros sound good with an unamped iPod Touch? Do they sit well around the neck? And will they fit small heads? (So many questions XD)

Heya,

They are 16ohms impedance and sensitive. They are made to be unamplified and will get loud from any device.

They are full size headphones. They sit fine around my neck, but they spend 99% of their time on my head, not just hanging on my neck.

They have good clamp pressure and seal well and will fit any size head. I'd be more concerned if you had a massive head that requires serious stretching and maxing of the size band than too small of a head.

That said, the COP has neat customization available and more coming. I got carbon fiber sides for mine instead of the stock logo. The sound is dark, the treble is rolled off, which makes it easy to listen to, not fatiguing, and forgiving of poor source and poor recordings. The mids are a little distant, not front row, more like 5~8th row back, a touch recessed. The bass is variable. The vents have 4 settings and they work as advertised quite well. Completely closed, they are bass shy. At 1 open, they sound neutral. At 2 open, they sound warmer, on the bassy side. At 3 open they become very bassy, and boomy. They isolate decently and are comfortable. They are built like tanks and quite durable. Very typical of the DT series Beyers. Pads, headband, cable, etc, all come off easily, are replaceable and detachable. Cups are pretty deep. Pads are thick, soft, and made of a vinyl like material with a texture. Good headphone if you can get it for $150 or less.

Very best,

Feb 6, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #9 of 12
Quote:
Do the COPs look big on your head if you're wearing them in public? And at what volume do they start to leak sound?

Heya,

They're big full size headphones. They're not low profile. They leak sound at super high volume where you shouldn't be listening.

But I wear full size headphones no matter what. I think big is awesome.

Very best,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back