Need help with purchasing new cheap IEMs
May 24, 2011 at 7:30 AM Post #16 of 23
Yeah, if you can find the SE215 for a reasonable price it could be for you too.  But that's only if you can find it for a reasonable price.  From what I hear about it, it's not worth much more than $100.  For $150 you could do much better than that.  Of course, I've never listened to it, so take what I say about them with a grain of salt, or maybe a whole salt shaker. :p

May 24, 2011 at 7:38 AM Post #17 of 23
Well, the Shure SE215s are about $120 on eBay, which is way out of my price range. 
I kinda have to rely on reviews at the moment, I only have about 4 weeks to get these headphones (don't want to be stuck with the horrible Nokia or iPod ones) and I live out in the middle of nowhere so it's not like I can just go to a store that isn't completely overpriced and only sells Skull Candys

May 24, 2011 at 7:50 AM Post #18 of 23

Quote:
Well, the Shure SE215s are about $120 on eBay, which is way out of my price range. 
I kinda have to rely on reviews at the moment, I only have about 4 weeks to get these headphones (don't want to be stuck with the horrible Nokia or iPod ones) and I live out in the middle of nowhere so it's not like I can just go to a store that isn't completely overpriced and only sells Skull Candys

Well, you should place your order ASAP then!  You never know what issues may crop up when making it.  There could be customs delays, quality control issues or whatnot.  You should order them soon just to make sure you have a working pair of headphones by the time you have to go.

May 24, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #19 of 23

[size=medium]
Give the pl50 a try :) I know everyone have different opinions but do not expect plenty quantity of bass, compared to shure e2c and cx300. Its very different, don't know would DaBomb agree with me. They sound very clear to me, and vocals are so sweet

I paired up with a fiio e5 with bass boost on most of the times, and with a CD player as my simple sleep rig. Isolation wise, I don't know. I find them ok but my others do it better. Don't take my word :wink:

I very like them especially for their price. They got me into this hobby. HIGHLY RECOMMEND if you want something clear as opposed to bassy :)

p.s. was going to pm you but since you are here, 
[/size]

Quote:
 Extremely comfortable but you may want to try third-party tips for the best seal (Sony Hybrids might work well, but I've never tried them myself.  Generic foamies I have seem to work well, but I don't know where you can buy the ones I have separately).

Problem is, they don't isolate much.  Definitely better than some vented dynamics can be (these are unvented balanced armature 'phones) but if isolation is a priority you might want to give them a pass.

Suggestions for foamies?

May 24, 2011 at 8:34 AM Post #20 of 23
Well, the foamies that came with my GR07 fit like a glove, and work quite well too.  But I haven't the slightest idea where you can get them other than buying the GR07, which would be a bit dumb if you only just wanted the eartips. :p

But I'm pretty sure they're just mostly generic chinese ones, that probably come bundled with other IEMs too.  They're white though, which is different.  But still, not sure where to buy them separately.

May 24, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #22 of 23
Prob need a appreciation thread after semicolon's purchase,, anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back