need help with dre beats solo please
May 26, 2011 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

shaz340

New Head-Fier
hi

i bought some dre beat solo hd.however as you can see from the pictures the hinges are broken.i was just wondering was is the best way i can repair them at home without the need for sending them away for since i have no gurantee left sadly.also what material could i use to fix them i still want them to fold up aswell.so plz if someone could hellp me it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers

shaz

May 26, 2011 at 1:47 PM Post #2 of 10
Sorry I can't help you but OMG WHAT A CRAPPY DESIGN, no wonder these things break so easily. 

May 26, 2011 at 2:23 PM Post #4 of 10
well the thing is i got them for £20.both speakers still work its only the hinge that is broken.i thought that there is maybe a chance i can fix them.would something like bondo do it or not

thanks

May 26, 2011 at 3:06 PM Post #7 of 10
If you can't fabricate, use JB Weld.  Course, they wouldn't fold after that, but they'd still work, at least as much "work" as can be expected out of Beats.

Duct tape?  Make a new trend of it.  Go colorful and represent the country flag.

And on a more serious note - Bondo?  Like the two-part putty people use to fix rust spots on cars?  Having used plenty of it myself, no, I don't quite think it'd work, unless "bondo" means something different in the EU...

May 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #8 of 10
Please don't bump twice in five minutes. At least wait a couple of hours if you're going to bump excessively.

As for your repair... they're basically screwed. The broken part is a hing made out of moulded plastic, which will be incredibly hard to fix whilst still keeping the hinge intact. Either glue it straight with epoxy resin or buy a pair of headphones with better build quality.

May 26, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #10 of 10
Call Dr dre. 
wink.gif

But seriously, why not buy a new pair? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back