Need Help! (un-amplified bass)
Jan 30, 2013 at 9:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

t19sniper

New Head-Fier
First off, my budget is a Maximum of $300. I am looking for some over-the-ear headphones with good bass, however I would not like to hear the person next to me or them hear my music. I am not going to use an amplifier for these, so they need to be good w/out one. I was pointed towards the Logitech UE 6000, which look pretty awesome, but I do not like the active/passive noise cancelling thing. I just need decent noise cancelling from the earpads or something, not a battery-powered treble reducer. when I said noise cancelling I mean good noise cancelling from the physical earmuffs, not an electronic system

Jan 30, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #4 of 11
Music preferences? Off the bat, I'm going to recommend the Sony MDR-1R. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:
Dubstep, Electronica, and Hip-Hop

I'd go for the Sony MDR-1R, as I loved it for hip-hop when I tried it at the Sony Store. 

Jan 30, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #7 of 11
Just a question why no amp? a portable amp is quite small and it alows you to run a larger variety of headphones on the go. Anyways try the beyerdynamic dt770 pro 80 ohm with a fiio e7 amp, that will run around 300$, if you still dont want an amp try the 32 ohm model.

Jan 30, 2013 at 11:29 PM Post #10 of 11
The dt770's sound decent with great sub bass extension on there own, but with an amp they really shine, enough sub bass for an earthquake. Im listening to zeds dead's dark side dub through them right now with them hooked up to my e7 dac/amp on my computer and there's plenty of bass. An amp will pretty much help any headphone as long as your source and music files are good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back