Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware for X5 !
Nov 3, 2014 at 4:37 PM Post #61 of 86
I had around 40,000 on my iPOD Classic. I could run through the album covers of them all. I have discovered that I don't need to view them all when I select via a folder. I was a bit surprised when I scanned it stopped at 5800 but with expected larger cards up to a TB in the future the limit does seem kind of low. More so when it is just a list of tracks and albums which could just be a text file. 

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:47 AM Post #62 of 86
Anyone else notice the deafening silence from FiiO on this site for the last 6 weeks or so concerning ANYTHING about the X5 and its serious firmware shortcomings? They asked us to test the beta but they don't respond to our posts.

I'm starting to think I may have bought the wrong player. I've certainly stopped recommending it to people.

Nov 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM Post #67 of 86
Anyone else notice the deafening silence from FiiO on this site for the last 6 weeks or so concerning ANYTHING about the X5 and its serious firmware shortcomings? They asked us to test the beta but they don't respond to our posts.

I'm starting to think I may have bought the wrong player. I've certainly stopped recommending it to people.

Hello Bubba,

We read users' feedback and use them to work on our next firmware. There isn't much to say until the next version comes out. James and I do our best to participate in discussions but chatting about our firmware isn't the be-all solution to actually improving it :D and our time is limited.

I spend hours trawling head-fi and Facebook for FiiO each day :cool: But as pointed out above, we have much more to read than to say. :xf_eek:

Best regards,
Joe

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:48 PM Post #68 of 86
Thumbs up!
I don't need the manufacturer to text and text, I'm just happy to know they are listening and taking into consideration the input of the users / clients.

Few things to do with the X5 yet, we all know that. Hopefully another firmware update this year!

Nov 13, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #70 of 86
A road map of what things are being worked on (not necessarily with delivery dates but perhaps in priority order) would be nice.  I have been a software developer for 35+ years and that is something we regularly give our customers.

Nov 13, 2014 at 3:30 PM Post #71 of 86
I totally agree with the 2 last posts, it's just all about expectation management.

When you start a thread like this, a lot of X5 users want to participate in helping out with enthousiastm. After a while there was quit some input imo.
When there is no response at all from the person/company that opens the thread for such a long time, then I think it's logic that people feel neglected or even frustrated.
This can easily be avoided by just posting once in a while (doesn't have to be that often).
Even short messages like “Hey guys, we're still working on it” or “Our priorities are on our new website and the new FW for the X1 at the moment, but we'll get back to the X5 later on” or “Hey guys, it's gonna work when hell freezes over” gives at least an impression about what to expect.

But this is just my humble opinion & I appreciate the fact that FiiO's still looking for solutions and improvements for the X5.
beerchug.gif

Nov 13, 2014 at 5:27 PM Post #72 of 86
I'm perfectly happy (thrilled, in fact) with my X5, and also pleased with how responsive Fiio is to its customers.  Maybe I'm just older than most Fiio customers and have learned to be patient, but I have no complaints whatsoever.  I bought a DAP at an unbelievably low price that has sound quality such as I've never experienced before and holds my entire music library with room for more.  I came to the X5 from an iPod Classic and it was like the difference between fast food and fine-dining.  Are there improvements I'd like to see?  Sure.  Will I abandon my X5 if they're not made?  Never.  You'll get my X5 when you pry it from my cold dead hand.

Nov 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #73 of 86
  I'm perfectly happy (thrilled, in fact) with my X5, and also pleased with how responsive Fiio is to its customers.  Maybe I'm just older than most Fiio customers and have learned to be patient, but I have no complaints whatsoever.  I bought a DAP at an unbelievably low price that has sound quality such as I've never experienced before and holds my entire music library with room for more.  I came to the X5 from an iPod Classic and it was like the difference between fast food and fine-dining.  Are there improvements I'd like to see?  Sure.  Will I abandon my X5 if they're not made?  Never.  You'll get my X5 when you pry it from my cold dead hand.

As you can see my avatar was already reaching out for your X5
biggrin.gif

Yes the X5 is a great player indeed. I like the design, build quality, scroll wheel & UI of it. Great SQ, very good battery life and 2 micro sd slots, not much more to wish for right?
But because I'm also a shuffle mode junkie, I keep grabbing for my DX90 which doesn't have a 5800 file limit. Maybe you just can't have it all...

And for SQ: I use the X5 LO mostly with my E12 / Pico Power and it sounds great with both. But straight out of the DX90's HO (without amp), the recently modded (by Lurker0) 2.1.5 L2 FW beats the SQ of the X5 HO to my ears in clarity, soundstage & details.

@ Soundtrap: as far as I can remember the DX50 (sold it a few months ago) SQ wasn't nearly as good as that of the X5 / DX90. But maybe you use it with a very good amp from LO...

Nov 14, 2014 at 6:15 PM Post #74 of 86

Actually, I never use any amp with any of my players. Coming from the long line of Cowon products (D2, D2+, S9, J3, X7,X9- all still working fine) I never needed any amplification for any of them and I was always buying Headphones easy to drive, ie ATH-M50, HD 555, PX100, PX100II, HD238, CAL!, CAL2, ATH-WS55, Fidelio L1 (although I am hugely disappointed with their sound - way too dark and low definition and lack of clarity!), AKG 450, Philips Cityscape Uptown, Philips HN9500 and finally Momentum On Ear. Now,  X5 is connected to my Yamaha RX-V 2067 home receiver via digital Coax - that is the only use I found for X5 without coming to temptation to throw it against the wall when it freezes constantly and I am also not that young and do have a lot of patience with modern gadgets and electronics, actually I am a bit of the computer addict (ha!ha!). Funny, since I always liked Sennheiser sound signature I  thought I am a fun of the darker sound signature, but when I compare X5 against DX50 I just can hear the clarity from the X5 -through the headphones mind you - on the RX-V2067 it is much closer call. So DX50  is a clear winner for me on the sound quality alone, plus all the other attributes, like UI, touchscreen, breeze of creating playlists on the go, or fast scrolling through your library, NO FILE LIMITS! etc. Last, it is a steal from MP4 Nation ($259.00 with free  Brainwavz R3 Dual Driver Earphones and free worldwide shipping) which makes Fiio X5 overpriced in comparison. Based on reviews I expected more from X5, but beside of all firmware problems it is also very picky about the headphones, I just can't get descent sound out of any of mine listed above and that is not a case with DX50 or any of the Cowons. Also one thing that was good with Cowons was a huge online community and few software developers on other forums who had developed their own UIs for Cowons making them a real weapons ( Claw, Chakra, Kizune to name just a few!) I am yet to come across an MP that, when all taken in to account beats Cowon J3 . To be fair I am a huge fan of the touchscreen, but only when combined with physical buttons.

Nov 15, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #75 of 86

Coming from the long line of Cowon products (D2, D2+, S9, J3, X7,X9- all still working fine) I never needed any amplification for any of them

Do you know that Cowon in D2 used capacitors in headphone out which caused the lack of low frequencies when paired with low impedance phones? Capacitors with phones make RC-filter so the lower impedance the more low frequencies are cut. I had D2 and D2+ and I always used them with IEMs with extremely low impedance (due to fact that IEMs block much more outer street sound than big cans). And I was in shock when I pluged portable amp between D2+ and IEMs. 
I came to FiiO X5 from Cowon X7 and sound of X5 is much more detailed, refined and deep. May be you have defective instance of X5?

PS Have you tried different firmware versions? I noticed that v2.0 has more deep sound that v2.2 although developers were swearing they didn`t touch sound at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back