Need help to test the 20,000 sound tracks music library firmware for X5 !
Oct 25, 2014 at 1:17 AM Post #46 of 86
Aaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Take some responsibility for your purchases, people! If you want a DAP with certain features, buy it. If not having certain features really bugs you, don't buy a DAP without those features and then whine about it.

Fiio is the only company manufacturing DAPs on this forum soliciting user feedback and trying to accommodate our requests even through we're not their main market. Instead of whining and brow-beating them, take advantage of it by encouraging them.

Or if you can do better, please go create your Wonder DAP and wow the audiophile world. I'm sure people will flock to your creation and Fiio will wallow in fiscal ruin, lol.

Oct 25, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #47 of 86
Aaahhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

Take some responsibility for your purchases, people! If you want a DAP with certain features, buy it. If not having certain features really bugs you, don't buy a DAP without those features and then whine about it.

Fiio is the only company manufacturing DAPs on this forum soliciting user feedback and trying to accommodate our requests even through we're not their main market. Instead of whining and brow-beating them, take advantage of it by encouraging them.

Or if you can do better, please go create your Wonder DAP and wow the audiophile world. I'm sure people will flock to your creation and Fiio will wallow in fiscal ruin, lol.

Ditto.  I researched getting this after my success with the E17 and the only thing I was a little worried about was the file count limitation.  Right now I'm replacing MP3s of value with FLACs from the same CDs (thankfully, a lot of first releases without insane "mastering") and getting it deduplicated.  I imagine by the time I have another 128 GB card to replace the 64 GB card, the library thing will be dealt with.  But if it isn't, I'm not too worries since I almost exclusively use playlists anyway.  So as long as it doesn't crash with "too many" tracks, then I'm not too worried.  Anything else is gravy at this point.

Oct 25, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #48 of 86
Sorry, but releasing firmware that fixes one issue (that for the player with 2 microsd slots and support for unlimited amount of storage shouldn't have even been an issue at the first place!) and creates few other problems that in my view render this player utterly useless, it's not working on it, or at least there is no suffient testing completed before release. I paid for my player and I don't like the idea to be a guinea pig for manufacturers who had been around for a while and they should know better. I thought that Cowon was slack, hell no- they are actually pretty good comparing with Fiio. Sorry for the rant, but I need fixes for the issues not exuses.

I'm just as frustrated as you are, but you have to remember that this is a beta release. By installing it, you are by default agreeing to be a guinea pig. You can always revert to a more stable version and wait for a stable firmware that addresses the library limit.

Oct 28, 2014 at 4:25 PM Post #49 of 86
Interesting... ... might be time to pick up an X5 again then if the limit has been lifted...
But, I do listen to my music using Shuffle, so listening to the same tracks every time will definitely not do any good! :frowning2:

Subbed.

Oct 29, 2014 at 2:29 AM Post #50 of 86
well I have tried and tried. I cannot get the X5 to recognize over 6600 songs.

If I delete a song from the X5 it will drop to 6599. when I rescan the library, it picks up a new song and again caps at 6600.

also

OTG storage is not working. regardless of how the songs are stored ( root or in folders ) I always get a "No Music Found" message when trying to play from OTG storage.

I have been getting some freezes while performing various operation on the x5. Still trying to narrow down the pattern. I will post an update when I figure that out.

Oct 29, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #51 of 86
Well I installed it, it found all 11000+ tracks and the bottom right button works to move tracks forward when shuffling.

I did find an issue with the shuffle in that it seems to keep the same order when starting again which is unfortunate but i am sure will be fixed.

Otherwise it is great to be able to put almost all my collection on 2 64gb cards (mp3 320) as i used mp3gain to set 80db for all the tracks - this had 2 benefits, one normalising when shuffling and allowing the e12 to be used with se535 iems and giving a sensible range of volume control (thus do not need replaygain although would like it for lossless files)

I understand the arguments about mp3/lossless and decided to test the difference and as far as i can hear (limited number of tracks tested) it is transparent on portable equipment - i still use lossless for my laptop/dac/full size rig/hd600/musical fidelity x-cans v3 with pinkie psu and other internal upgrading) with foobar upsampling to 96/24 which seems to work for me smoothing the roughness on some poorly recorded early jazz.

Oct 29, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #55 of 86
I think the reason you are exceeding what others are is the use of two cards. I have only one to test with atm. can you get to 13200 songs? If what I think is happening is, then you will get stuck at 13,000 or 13,200 ( people are reporting either 6500 or 6600 song cap so double that)

download an audio bible or duplicate a few directories.

Oct 30, 2014 at 12:03 AM Post #56 of 86
Originally Posted by thebrad /img/forum/go_quote.gif

While using the db for the first time now, I find it kind of unhandy to scroll through loooooong lists of interprets. albums, etc..
What about a shortcut/key for scrolling by letters. You could, for example, scroll the wheel while you keep pressing the upper left softkey to scroll by capitals through each list.

I agree that it would be extremly useful. I can hardly believe no one at Fiio thought yet about a different method for scrolling much faster through the library as it's a real pain in the ass having to scroll for 5-10 minutes only to get to the middle of your playlist. Even my crappy old iPod Classic 6 years ago could jump to a different letter when scrolling quickly so I could get anywhere in a few seconds but now it takes me forever and it is totaly unusable. This is extremly urgent and a must-have considering you can have a very huge amount of music on this DAP as it supports 2x128Gb and is said to support even more with futur firmware.

They should also have said somewhere in the specs that it was currently limited at a very low 5800 files for the library as to me, it is a very very huge deal breaker and disappointment because the way Fiio sells you the X5, they let you believe you'll finaly be able to put your whoooole collection of music since you're able to put 2x128Gb SD cards on it but what's the point of being able to do that if then it only sees 1/3 of your files? I have 14,012 MP3 in VBR 0 so to me this new beta firmware is a godsend.

Hopefuly the "Shuffle" is only broken in "All Songs" mode or else I'll be quite pissed off as it is the second most useful feature after being able to use all its songs.

Oct 30, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #57 of 86
You might want to consider that the purpose of this particular beta software release was intended to test that the X5 using it could handle more than 5800 tracks ONLY. It was most likely not intended to be a polished and finished piece of work that customers could use for day to day use. The fact that volunteers were asked for may be a hint. You shouldn't volunteer to help out if you don't understand what trial beta code is. It's a work in progress not meant for wide release. It's not meant to be perfect.
Stick to the official release stuff if you want less trouble.

Ya know.

Nov 1, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #58 of 86
I bought the X5 and 2 x 128 GB MIcrosSD cards. I thought this would hold all of my music around 50,000 tracks. I don't need high quality audio because I can't hear a full range of tones (years of heavy metal concerts). Having a limit of 5,800 is like a tenth of what I need. 20,000 also isn't going to be close. My iPOD Classic is completely maxed out and I believed this would be a great replacement. Hopefully when you release this you don't limit at 20,000 I have more than 3,500 albums and I want the whole collection to be available with a reasonable sound quality. As soon as 256GB cards come onto the market I will upgrade them to hold any future albums I buy. There was nothing on your website at all that mentioned any limit on the amount of tracks that would be available in the library.

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM Post #59 of 86
  I bought the X5 and 2 x 128 GB MIcrosSD cards. I thought this would hold all of my music around 50,000 tracks. I don't need high quality audio because I can't hear a full range of tones (years of heavy metal concerts). Having a limit of 5,800 is like a tenth of what I need. 20,000 also isn't going to be close. My iPOD Classic is completely maxed out and I believed this would be a great replacement. Hopefully when you release this you don't limit at 20,000 I have more than 3,500 albums and I want the whole collection to be available with a reasonable sound quality. As soon as 256GB cards come onto the market I will upgrade them to hold any future albums I buy. There was nothing on your website at all that mentioned any limit on the amount of tracks that would be available in the library.

I don't think any player will support that number of tracks... well, maybe Android Based players...

Nov 2, 2014 at 12:29 AM Post #60 of 86
There is no limitation if you browse by folder. We only need more option in the browser like read this folder including subfolder or add folder to now playing.
As the player support playlist it should not be so hard to implement it...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back