need help to find perfect headphone
Sep 17, 2012 at 6:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

FlamingSpazt

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I'm looking for an open around the ear headphone that is comfortable and mainly suited for dub, dubstep and chilstep but i like to listen to classical music as well. The price range is about 400 dollars and i would appreciate a strong, sturdy headphone suited for a hard dorm life. I was wondering if it is necesairy to buy an amp or if i can just use it in an iMac?

Thanks in advance

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #4 of 8
The HE-400s require an amp, a good one too. If you're looking for a decent allrounder that can handle bass look at the Ultrasone lineup. HFI-780s are great unamped and have decent bass when called for, PRO900s are similarly good in the bass department but have better highs, these do however require an amp.

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:
Hi,

I'm looking for an open around the ear headphone that is comfortable and mainly suited for dub, dubstep and chilstep but i like to listen to classical music as well. The price range is about 400 dollars and i would appreciate a strong, sturdy headphone suited for a hard dorm life. I was wondering if it is necesairy to buy an amp or if i can just use it in an iMac?

Thanks in advance

Heya,

Why would you want an open headphone for dorm life? Also, why an open headphone for bassy music like that?

My first thought is the HE400 and DT990. For surviving dorm life, the DT990 is more sturdy and will survive more bangs. But you're still looking at an open headphone that is leaking in and out into the room with everyone else. I hope everyone wants to listen to what you listen to, when you listen to it. And I hope you don't mind listening to others do whatever while you're listening to music.

A humble Fiio E10 is going to be fine for either headphone you choose from your imac.

Very best,

Sep 17, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 8
It has to be open headphones because i get headaches from closed ones when i listen for a long time. The leakage is not a problem since i live in europe and dorms are like solo apartments. I like the HE400 but i have read it might lack some bass is there any truth to this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back