Need Help to choose closed headphones for my wife.
Jan 21, 2014 at 1:43 PM Post #16 of 25
I like to go through amazon whenever possible:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Noise-Isolating-Over-Ear-Headphones-White/dp/B00E9FYC06/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1390329769&sr=8-3&keywords=nad+viso+hp50

Jan 22, 2014 at 10:05 AM Post #18 of 25
  I got mine from ListenUp via Amazon, like Spiral Out posted above. NAD dealers also carry them, I suppose.

I like to go through amazon whenever possible:

http://www.amazon.com/Electronics-Noise-Isolating-Over-Ear-Headphones-White/dp/B00E9FYC06/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1390329769&sr=8-3&keywords=nad+viso+hp50

Thanks Guys, I am looking to buy between B&W P7 and NAD's.

Jan 22, 2014 at 2:22 PM Post #19 of 25

Thanks Guys, I am looking to buy between B&W P7 and NAD's.

If she liked the P5 then the P7 may be a better bet. I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse as I find the NAD an odd fit (not clampy enough). It's a flat, clean sound, so I see why it's appealing to the audiophile crowd. It's not quite as "fun" as I like and the build quality is more hi-tech/clever design than luxurious leather and metal (this may just be my preference). No idea how the P7 performs when driven by a computer or phone, though.

Good luck! She'll be getting some very nice phones, no matter which you choose.

Jan 22, 2014 at 3:45 PM Post #20 of 25
  If she liked the P5 then the P7 may be a better bet. I'm having a bit of buyer's remorse as I find the NAD an odd fit (not clampy enough). It's a flat, clean sound, so I see why it's appealing to the audiophile crowd. It's not quite as "fun" as I like and the build quality is more hi-tech/clever design than luxurious leather and metal (this may just be my preference). No idea how the P7 performs when driven by a computer or phone, though.

Good luck! She'll be getting some very nice phones, no matter which you choose.

Yeah man confused I guess will buy her P7's as those look nice and classy :)

Jan 23, 2014 at 4:59 PM Post #22 of 25
I don't think you could have gone wrong with either of your two final choices. I'm sure your wife will be very happy
k701smile.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 10:09 AM Post #23 of 25
its tough out there...but in many ways im thankful for apple because i feel like they helped me realize how much BS is in this world and how its better to get something that is good bang4buck and high quality and what is best for your, rather than something that is overpriced, garbage quality and filled with proprietary bs simply because its "fashionable". also i feel like christians, apple, schiit, libertarians, and bmw have really helped me hone my senses to the point where i can sense BS from a mile away and it has greatly improved my quality of life. 

I feel unstoppable this morning, i feel like neo when he could see the world as the matrix code - there is SO MUCH bs in this world and its all threaded it in marketing. thousand dollar hdmi cables? macbooks are the ferraris of the computer world? multibit dac processing improves sound quality that human ears can notice? german engineering is the best in the world? god loves everyone but lets terrible things happen in the world everyday because adam and eve broke his rule,but he still loves us very much and has a plan for our lives? headphones are not "detailed" unless they have ear piercing treble?  GTHO!!!!

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:28 PM Post #24 of 25
I have a pair of B&O H6, they are not as warm as the p7 but I think sound better and they look really good... And with a selection of colours! I have the D1350, really clear extended both directions sound, small and tough for commuting...not good for long periods, the clamp force is to much for me after a while.

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #25 of 25
I would take the NAD off your list since you want something for a female who probably doesn't want to look like a dork. That headphone has probably one of the most geekiest and unusually shaped headbands in the market. They are really atrocious looking when on head. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing those outside and I'm not even all that fashion conscious.  Considering most women pay attention to things like proportion and style in general, I'm pretty sure the second she sees what they look like when she puts them on, she will be disappointed.

The B&O H6 is really your best bet for a good all rounder sound wise, and for someone who wants a little bit of style and luxury. I'd say they have style. It's simple, business/professional look, with a low profile, and luxury materials like lambskin ear pads. Honestly, just get these, she will love them.

Edit: LOL I missed the post saying you already purchased the NAD. We aren't the most fashion conscious bunch or else someone would have steered you away from those since you are getting them for your wife who probably doesn't want to look like a dork in her professional settings.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back