Need help regarding DT990 Headphone setup with Xonar Essence STX
Nov 6, 2012 at 10:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Bethrezan

New Head-Fier
Hi,

I just purchased a pair of DT990s from another HeadFi'er, and a Xonar Essence STX to go with it since I cant get an external DAC/AMP setup right now.

Now I installed the drivers for the Xonar card and everything went well.

However, when I plug in my headphones (through the 6.5mm to 3.5mm adapter), all my channels seem to be routing to the left headphone only with no sound on the right.

i.e, I can hear both left and right channel audio through my left headphone. 

Can anybody help me regarding how to fix this? I tried changing around options in the Asus Xonar Essence STX control centre, but to no avail.

Thank you in advance for your help! :)

Nov 6, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I just purchased a pair of DT990s from another HeadFi'er, and a Xonar Essence STX to go with it since I cant get an external DAC/AMP setup right now.
Now I installed the drivers for the Xonar card and everything went well.
However, when I plug in my headphones (through the 6.5mm to 3.5mm adapter), all my channels seem to be routing to the left headphone only with no sound on the right.
i.e, I can hear both left and right channel audio through my left headphone. 
Can anybody help me regarding how to fix this? I tried changing around options in the Asus Xonar Essence STX control centre, but to no avail.

The headphone jack might not be all the way into the STX's headphone socket.
Is the female 3.5mm to male 6.35mm adapter screwed on all the way?

Nov 7, 2012 at 12:39 AM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the reply, so I reinserted the adapter and the headphone jack in and ensured that its all the way in... Now the problem has changed to hearing both channels on both earphones!....

Nov 7, 2012 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Thanks for the reply, so I reinserted the adapter and the headphone jack in and ensured that its all the way in... Now the problem has changed to hearing both channels on both earphones!....

Have you hooked up the front panel headphone jack 3.5mm, try testing the headphone there.

Do you have a home receiver to test the DT990 with?
Or another set of headphone to test the STX with?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back