Need help on what to choose.
Sep 26, 2011 at 6:36 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Jamaican Shotta

New Head-Fier
Hello, I am in need of some headphones. I prefer full closed headphones better than full open. I am not a big fan of in ear headphones because my ears can't tolerate it for some strange reason. I listen mostly to reggae and dubstep, good bass is essential for the headphones. I also like some rock, but its not as important as the reggae and dubstep. I am on a strict budget of about $150- $160. If a amp is needed please do tell. I've been considering the M50's but im not exactly sure if its the best headphones to choose. Thanks in advance!

Sep 26, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #2 of 11
The M50's would be fine. I have been reading more about the Ultrasone HFI-580's which seems like a good option as well. Im demoing them next month hopefully. 

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #5 of 11

Quote:
Hello, I am in need of some headphones. I prefer full closed headphones better than full open. I am not a big fan of in ear headphones because my ears can't tolerate it for some strange reason. I listen mostly to reggae and dubstep, good bass is essential for the headphones. I also like some rock, but its not as important as the reggae and dubstep. I am on a strict budget of about $150- $160. If a amp is needed please do tell. I've been considering the M50's but im not exactly sure if its the best headphones to choose. Thanks in advance!

Heya,

Panasonic RP-HTF600 with Velour Pads.
Shure SRH750 DJ
Ultrasone HFI 580
Denon D1100

I suggest the Panasonic. I have two pair. Every bit as good as the other ones listed there, for considerably less. In fact, has more bass than the others, and it's good quality bass too. Amazing headphone for it's absurd cost.

Very best,

Sep 28, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #6 of 11
i was gonna post "in before M50".  but was too late.
and then i was gonna post "in before MalVeaux".  but was too late.

just messin' with ya, Mal. 
biggrin.gif

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:26 AM Post #9 of 11
Mar 5, 2017 at 8:11 AM Post #11 of 11

Superlux HD660 if you can find it. $60 or less (shipping might affect that though), tonally similar enough to an Grado SR60 but has a lot of low bass, 150ohms but 97dB sensitivity so it's very easy to drive (and won't be a problem with practically anything you plug it into if it has a high output impedance, but not high enough like 250ohms+ to make low voltage outputs a problem).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back