Need help in finding girlfriend
Apr 21, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #16 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick82 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I chatted with someone else, I said hi, she said hi, then nothing happened. How do I continue?

What questions do I need to ask?

Ask her what she thinks of Valhalla, if she doesn't know what it is, explain it! If she doesn't like it... move on!

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:28 AM Post #17 of 177
Patrick, at your age I had the same drive (I'm 43 now). Might I suggest that the internet is not the best place to meet women? Bars aren't either. Give yourself permission to get involved in other stuff that satisfies you. Community stuff where you might actually meet people face to face. When I got discouraged I would take a girlfriend "vacation." I would just say to myself, I'm happy with my life right now and I am not going to TRY so hard for a while to meet someone, but just enjoy my work, my hobbies, and not worry about it. And guess what, I would eventually meet someone that I didn't have to try hard to "meet" or impress or cajole into liking me. Those are the best kind of relationships. Relax and it will happen.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:30 AM Post #18 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
IF you REALLY want to get a girlfriend, and "enjoying the music more" is the reason why youre doing it. Your doign it for the wrong reason.

Women are one of the few things in this world better than spacing out to your hi-fi. If you spent as much on a girl as you have on your K1000s. You'd probably be able to get a girlfriend. Although again, for the wrong reasons.

If I spent the money on a girlfriend I would be enjoying the music less instead of more. I want girlfriend for free. When she comes and visits I will feed her canned beans and then we can listen to my audio system. I will give her a pair of my old slippers. I don't use those anymore because they get in the way of my tweaking.

catslippers.jpg

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:31 AM Post #19 of 177
Patrick, do you get aroused? If so, that's a good sign. I have to admit that finding women is not easy. It's no wonder that many guys here are male virgins.

But please be aware that there is nothing wrong with being a male virgin. I recently lost my virginity and it was amazing. To understand women, I highly recommend the book "Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus".

First, be more assertive but make friends. Friendship is extremely important. Make friends first, then kiss on cheek. Later on, kiss on the lips but do it gently. Do not be too aggressive with a French kiss! I had to learn the hard way.

After you kiss her, give her a hug and show that you care. Women enjoy that and you will too. Good luck.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #20 of 177
Now that I think about it pat, aren't you good with electronics? Why not just build a new girl! You'd have complete control over her looks, behavior, and sound quality. You could tweak that babe to high freakin' heaven!

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #21 of 177
anyone watch the video?

i actually took off my R10 durring "in the hall of the mountain king" on vinyl to listen to the sound on the u-tube video. no sound, so i rock on with the vinyl. now i play camile san-saens symphony #3 on vinyl. between the headphones and amp, this is holographic bliss.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Women are one of the few things in this world better than spacing out to your hi-fi.

i dunno about that.

my headphones have never left me for another man. i sold a couple i wish i still had, but i can just buy em back later. every now and then i share, i think thats kind of hot.

my audio gear is ready to go any time i am. i sold the stax because they were too thin, i like a "fuller" sound. just more to snuggle up to and nestle my sensitive bits in. Grados are excellent with a big bottom end. the smooth features of the senheissers make me beg for more.

ooh, lets not even talk about sticking tubes in sockets... i could just do that all day.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:36 AM Post #22 of 177
This must be some sort of joke....

If not,Go to "Plenty Of Fish".... A totally FREE dating site ,with tens of thousands of real profiles from all over the world.

Google it and join...

go to the forums...

Ask for help in writing up a profile...

post profile...

Be patient.....wait,see what happens...

Dont be overly afraid of sending out emails and making the first move.

When responding to posts or emails tone down the on the audio stuff,and talk about more basic things.Dont ask for sex or phone sex or anything like that.Never ask for a phone # right away and especially not an address.

Always suggest a very public place when meeting for the first time..like a restaurant,and make sure the meeting is in the day time and NOT at night,I dont care how much more convienant it is for you.

Be honest,and not too pushy.Spend 80% of your time at first doing the listening and NOT the talking.Maybe,bring her flowers maybe the first time you meet her.Never put in the ad that you are looking for sex,or phone sex,or any of that ****.Good luck.Volunterring is also a good way of meeting people,as is going to church if you are a religous person.You'll meet single woman any where you look,you just have to be open to it.

I met wy wife on there 4+ years ago....

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #23 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Norbert /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick, at your age I had the same drive (I'm 43 now). Might I suggest that the internet is not the best place to meet women? Bars aren't either. Give yourself permission to get involved in other stuff that satisfies you. Community stuff where you might actually meet people face to face. When I got discouraged I would take a girlfriend "vacation." I would just say to myself, I'm happy with my life right now and I am not going to TRY so hard for a while to meet someone, but just enjoy my work, my hobbies, and not worry about it. And guess what, I would eventually meet someone that I didn't have to try hard to "meet" or impress or cajole into liking me. Those are the best kind of relationships. Relax and it will happen.

I have never seen what the point is of having a girlfriend, so I have never been searching. But still nothing has happened. Once a doctor (woman) smiled at me when I was in hospital due to extreme tweaking of my audio system (throat furuncle), but I thought she does that to all her patients. Should I have asked her if she wants to come over and see my Valhalla cable?

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:41 AM Post #24 of 177
Quote:

I chatted with someone else, I said hi, she said hi, then nothing happened. How do I continue?

What questions do I need to ask?

"hey, babe, wanna see my valhalla?
wink.gif
"

or

"want a taste of valhalla? i've got 20 feet and some to spare."

or any variation of this.

also, the most obvious point of a girlfriend is procreation. a son would take away from your tweaks for a little bit but when you're both older he can pay for them.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #25 of 177
Quote:

Should I have asked her if she wants to come over and see my Valhalla cable?

If she said yes, would you've proposed to her?

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #26 of 177
Quote:

If I spent the money on a girlfriend I would be enjoying the music less instead of more. I want girlfriend for free. When she comes and visits I will feed her canned beans and then we can listen to my audio system. I will give her a pair of my old slippers. I don't use those anymore because they get in the way of my tweaking.

catslippers.jpg

Do you see how you're still obsessing? "...my audio system..." "...my tweaking." Girlfriends are WAY not free. I have had a wife and/or a daughter for twenty-two years now, twenty-four if I include the wife's girlfriend phase, and it's been semi-poverty most of that time. On the up side, I had a real love affair after the wife became an ex, and it was better than all the headphones in the world...

Laz

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:50 AM Post #27 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by RedLeader /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... There are times I wish I was out having a beer with you guys instead of on a public forum...

Stop round here anytime your in the area dude.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Patrick, do you get aroused? If so, that's a good sign. I have to admit that finding women is not easy. It's no wonder that many guys here are male virgins.

What on earth is your evidence for that claim?
blink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikongod /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ooh, lets not even talk about sticking tubes in sockets... i could just do that all day.

Every time I try to stick tubes in sockets I can never get the pins lined up right and I end up making a stilted mess of it. Most embarrassing.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:53 AM Post #28 of 177
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't get aroused because of low testosterone, I guess I'm just looking at the wrong species.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Now that I think about it pat, aren't you good with electronics? Why not just build a new girl! You'd have complete control over her looks, behavior, and sound quality. You could tweak that babe to high freakin' heaven!

Yes, building the girl is the way to go. But if I had to choose between spending my money on building the girl or building the audio system, I would keep spending it on my audio system.

Apr 21, 2007 at 2:58 AM Post #30 of 177
Quote:

Yes, building the girl is the way to go. But if I had to choose between spending my money on building the girl or building the audio system, I would keep spending it on my audio system.

Can they not be one in the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back