Need Help! Im a n00b
Mar 3, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #16 of 46
Does anyone have pictures of the Senn. HD201 and 202 being worn. I have decided that im going to return the sonys and buy one of the two. Whichever is less bulky will prbably be the ones i buy.

Thanks in advance.

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:01 AM Post #17 of 46
You probably think the sony sound good because you haven't heard anything better yet (KSC-75). Once you hear something better, then you'll understand what we're talking about (KSC-75)

Mar 3, 2006 at 6:08 AM Post #18 of 46
try the px-100 they are small, have a headband and sound pretty good

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:03 AM Post #19 of 46
How about these? Check out the Koss KSC 55

4 foot cord is nice and short, band around the back means they probably wouldn't be too painful on the ears and they dont appear bulky at all. Don't forget these sound amazingly better than the Sony 150's.

Mar 3, 2006 at 8:11 AM Post #20 of 46
Heck yea, dont forget about the SennheiserPX 100's! Nothing to trendy or odd here style wise, just plain over-the-head band phones. The one thing "odd" about these is the amazing sound quality for the price! You definitely wont be disappointed.

Mar 3, 2006 at 3:03 PM Post #21 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by creyc
The one thing "odd" about these is the amazing sound quality for the price! You definitely wont be disappointed.

Same goes for the KSC75! I really think you should buy these just to see what everyone is fussing about.
icon10.gif
I did this and it has been a really good experience.

Mar 3, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #22 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie
You probably think the sony sound good because you haven't heard anything better yet (KSC-75). Once you hear something better, then you'll understand what we're talking about (KSC-75)

You're absolutely right. I havn't heard anything better than my fontopia 51s so thats probably why these sound decent to me. My cousin has some sennheisers i dont know the model but they are "Monitor" style which is a term i just learned thats style im looking for.(now you know how much of a noob i am) anyway im going to his house today and see how they sound and more than likely return the sonys and get sennheisers.

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #23 of 46
Don't just think any Sennheiser can beat any Sony headphones though. This would be wrong. There are high end Sonys that can be considered substitutes to Sennheisers. It all depends on sound preference. Look around here on Head-fi and you'll find some Sony headphones that are recommended.

Mar 4, 2006 at 12:55 AM Post #24 of 46
Don't forget where you're asking this question. This is head-fi so you're going to get recommendations on SQ and other fuctional aspects over style so this is why no one is recommending things like the sony MDRs that you got.

I'd also say try the PX100s or if you want something similiar to the sony's in style but much better try something like the Sennheiser HD 497

Mar 4, 2006 at 2:13 AM Post #26 of 46
The px100 is over his price range. He wants to spend like $20.

I think the KOSS KSC 55 is a good choice. Theyre comfy,light,look cool,and sound awesome for the money,and theyre not clip-ons,they go behind the neck.....and they have KOSS's LIFETIME WARRANTY!

I have the clip-on version,the KSC50......and they sound really good......on some songs,better than the KSC75.....it depends.

For $20,if you dont need isolation from noise.....theyre great.
icon10.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 4:13 AM Post #27 of 46
Quote:

Originally Posted by Foskco_kills
What about the Sony MDR-V150 i see these everywhere i went to sears right after school and i saw them for 16 bucks. They have the style i want and dont look bulky at all. Anyone have any experience with them?

Oh god stay away from those things. I loved them until I heard my er6i's and found out there were details I wasn't noticing in my music and what I had been hearing with the V150's sounded much clearer and better with the er6i's. Now I can't stand to listen to the V150's even If I do like their style(I'm planning a mod to put the V150 headband on the Senn HD-25-SP's I just ordered.). BTW if you like the look of the V150's I recommend the Senn HD 202's(check them out at headroom). I have seen them in person and their style is similar to the V150's with obviously better sound(the HD 202's aren't too big either).

Mar 4, 2006 at 5:01 AM Post #28 of 46
Oops, my bad. Yes the PX100's are like $30 more than you wanna spend...sorry I was just getting excited. lol

Guys why does everyone seem to be turning him off the Sennheiser HD201's? They aren't really that bad at all, especially in comparison with those Sonys.
icon10.gif

Mar 4, 2006 at 6:15 AM Post #30 of 46

Users who are viewing this thread

Back