Need help for choosing the right headphone !
Apr 11, 2011 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

navidkasem

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone, Love the forum. There is a lot of great information here, and love all the reccomendations and how to guides for buying headphones. Really love the job that you guys are doing and making good contributions.

For the past few days I have been searching for the correct set of headphones, and I have been overwhelmed by the number of choices. I have managed to narrow it down to a couple and also open to any reccomendations. Mainly, I am looking to buy some headphones for daily use mainly for music. I mainly listen to R&B and House, so I like to have a bit of bass and a lot of clarity in my headphones. Definitely looking for something comfortable, as my neighbors started to complain about the noise I make, so hence looking to buy headphones which i can wear for 2-3 hrs +. And also around the price range of 150$. I also am NOT looking to buy a headphone amp.

So far I have looked at Shure SRH840, Shure SRH440, AKG K450 Sensheisser HD555 and ATH-M50.Since I am from Canada, I havent been able to sample these headphones at any stores.Which one would you recommended out of these or is there something else you would ? 

Thanks Appreciate the help ! I owe you guys

Apr 11, 2011 at 3:17 PM Post #2 of 6
looking at your music tastes I would say either the m50 or the ultrasone hfi-580. You may want to invest in a cheap portable amp such as the FiiO e5 if you plan on using them out of your ipod but is not a necessity. 

Apr 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks everyone for the great responses, I decided i will go the with ATH-M50. Also I heard that you can always buy velour/felt pads for the m50, so if I find the stock ones uncomfortable, I can always get the other ones. Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back