Need help for buying over-ears in 75-125EUR range.
Dec 8, 2012 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Snatch

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

Before I tell you about my situation i would like to mention that this is my first time on the site and im inexperienced in the "head-fi lingo", so please give me a chance of understanding :p 

I'm currently looking for over ear- headphones in the 75-125 euro range that dont need any amplification or other secondary equipment. I will be using them most for playing music on my phone (slightly antiquated HTC smartphone), and quite often for music from my macbook. Untill now i always used Sennheiser HD 202, but the cord has semi- snapped off. I really liked the type of sound it produced, but im aware its really not that clear. I listen mostly to genres like drum n bass and dub(step) so clear bass is important, but no need for it to be overly loud as this tends to ruin the mastering of the music IMO.

Does anyone have suggestions? or advice on what to look for?

Thanks

Dec 8, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #2 of 8
M50/HP700 are amazing for electronic, dubstep and the likes. Clarity is good as well. These run fine off of most portable devices.  There's also the Uptowns and MS400s, solid bass and sound in general. 

Dec 9, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #4 of 8
Thanks for your replies! Most of them do seem to be more than 125eur though. I do like the philips uptowns, they look great and only cost 70 quid. I'm going to try them tomorrow.

Dec 9, 2012 at 9:15 AM Post #5 of 8
Hmm... Did some research on the HD201, mostly said those are light in bass therefore, I'm guessing you don't need bass heavy headphone. I would highly recommend the SRH-440. Thought I had never tried those, it does look like it done pretty well in the mids & highs department except for the bass. The other alternative would be HD 449. They play decently well without an amp thought a small amp like E6 from FiiO would do. [I have not tried any headphones or amp that I had listed but I did some research & I got the similar point, just list it here to shorten your list :) ]

Dec 9, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #7 of 8
Opps... Sorry! My bad! HD202 bass & mids are much better than HD201! I will not recommend HD449 neither do SRH-440 as those are lacking in bass. I happen to audition the Kplisch Image One. The bass are excellent on those, highs are crisp but just meet the level of crisp. Mids are very dissapointing to me(I'm a midrange lover)! It's recessed :frowning2: i would still recommend it if you are looking for "fun" sound signature. The other one that I haven't get to try it but gets good respond would be HFI-580. People here says that these are bass heavy headphone with great mids but the highs are sometimes good, sometimes bad :) again just my 2cent

Dec 10, 2012 at 4:00 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks everyone for your advice! Seems like a really nice and helpful community you've got going here.

I went with the uptowns, reasonable price and good sound and im a sucker for the looks :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back