Need help first timer here
Jul 30, 2011 at 3:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Ai James

New Head-Fier
I just today Purchased the PA2v2 amplifier form Gary @ Electric Avenue   my budgets about 70-80, what im looking for is a set of closed cans that have ALOT of volume and good low end bass extention. 

ive been looking at audiotechnica athm35, Sony xb700, grado sr60,

again my main focus is loudness and bass extention with ok sq. i was originally getting ath m50s but cant justify the 150 for what i want out of them.  Thanks in advance for any help, I look forward to being a member of the community here.

Jul 30, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #6 of 16
If you want a lot of sound out of a headphone you'd be able to run with you might want to look at the Marshall Major. It has a really upbeat sound, which is great for working out, and has a clamping force tight enough to stay on your head. Pretty cheap too, but has great sound in my opinion. 

Jul 30, 2011 at 4:22 AM Post #10 of 16
For a treadmill, full-sized headphones + ipad > IEM + ipod, literally 
biggrin.gif

But have you tried upgrading your IEMs instead of going full-sized?

Also, another option within your price range would be the AKG K518.

Jul 30, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #12 of 16
your thread title says "first timer here" and you have 5 posts, I didn't realise you had shoveled through a pile of IEM's already.

I'll vote for the XB700 then, they are really comfy, have a good enjoy factor, and good quality bass IIRC, not sure how well they "clamp" onto your head though, nor how they react to lots of sweat.

There are probably more hardcore thumping headphones out there, if that's what you like to keep you motivated when working out, I'm not sure but maybe DT 770 in that case..........

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #13 of 16
I meant first time here on headfi rather then first time with any experience sorry.   This is my rather first experience with some full headphones though.  Im thinking about adding a little to the budget and getting some Audio Technica ATH m50's  im hoping for an increase in volume from my Pa2v2 on these cans rather then the originals

Jul 30, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #15 of 16
So i just purchased the M50's , didnt get a great deal but was 130 after shipping and california sales tax. hoping these things give me what im looking for, or i'll have to resell them and look for somethign else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back