Need help finding In-Ear phones
Jul 1, 2012 at 4:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ExeQte

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,
I need some help in searching for the right In-Ear headphones.
The phones I'm looking for need to be able to stick inside the ear during sport sessions and not fall off.
My budget is UP TO 50$ in total (including shipment to my US relative).
It's important that they'd be resilient yet comfortable.

Thanks in advance!

Jul 1, 2012 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 14
Rockit sounds, check out their models and find what suits you best

Jul 1, 2012 at 6:48 PM Post #4 of 14
You should also check out the Etymotic MC5.

About 50 bucks, and with good insertion, they ain't coming out.

I would suggest them.

Jim

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:
You should also check out the Etymotic MC5.
About 50 bucks, and with good insertion, they ain't coming out.
I would suggest them.
Jim

I probably should've mentioned that I want them to be suited to my very specific Dubstep genre, thus would require decent Bass capabilities.
From what I've seen in reviews the Etymetic MC5 do not focus the bass and are more all-rounder which I do not want.

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 14
Well Alrighty Then...

This might be good for your dual purpose!

http://www.shorelineoftahoe.com/store/product.php?productid=922

Jim

Jul 1, 2012 at 8:48 PM Post #9 of 14
Swimsonny did a recent review of the bassiest here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615334/review-hippo-vb-bassy-bassier-bassiest

Hope it helps, Jim

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:05 PM Post #11 of 14
I really couldn't tell you that.

Have you asked in that thread?

Something else you may want to consider is a wireless bluetooth headset from Jaybird.

They employee AptX technology, and have a lifetime sweatproof guarantee.

Jim

Jul 1, 2012 at 9:29 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:
I really couldn't tell you that.
Have you asked in that thread?
Something else you may want to consider is a wireless bluetooth headset from Jaybird.
They employee AptX technology, and have a lifetime sweatproof guarantee.
Jim

Well, the reviewer said he doesn't believe they would be good for sports somewhere in that thread.

But they do seem appealing with the bass specs, and some guy said he tries them out and it worked in his sports excercise.
However I have found great reviews on the Meeltonic M6 LC which show great resilience during sports and decent bass.

Can I get more impressions from you guys?

Jul 1, 2012 at 10:55 PM Post #13 of 14
I use the M6 as my workout iem. I find that the memory wire and shirt clip is great for keeping it in your ears. Build quality, especially the cable, is also very good. I've occasionally shorted out the right channel with sweat during 10K runs, but it's always come back to life as soon as it's had time to dry out. At $20 or less for a replacement, I wouldn't worry too much about them anyway.

SQ is good for the price. It's fairly bassy, with good extension in the highs. It's weaknesses are that the soundstage feels compressed horizontally and that there is a slight warmth and bloom to the sound that limits detail retrieval. However, you won't really notice unless you plug it into your home setup and compare it to top tier iems. 

Jul 2, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #14 of 14
Quote:
I use the M6 as my workout iem. I find that the memory wire and shirt clip is great for keeping it in your ears. Build quality, especially the cable, is also very good. I've occasionally shorted out the right channel with sweat during 10K runs, but it's always come back to life as soon as it's had time to dry out. At $20 or less for a replacement, I wouldn't worry too much about them anyway.

SQ is good for the price. It's fairly bassy, with good extension in the highs. It's weaknesses are that the soundstage feels compressed horizontally and that there is a slight warmth and bloom to the sound that limits detail retrieval. However, you won't really notice unless you plug it into your home setup and compare it to top tier iems. 

Thanks for the input! 
I'll go with the M6 then, seems like the safer choice here.
I'm done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back