Need help finding an amp around $150!
Dec 10, 2010 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 6
You don't list any gear in your profile.

Is there a stereo or Home Theater receiver in your home? You could try your headphones out of one of them and see if you can tell if there is much difference to how you listen to them now, or if you care.

If you really want to buy something, I'd take a look at the presonus HP4 or similar. Prosumer audio gear is often the best bang for the buck in that price range.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:08 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:

Is there a stereo or Home Theater receiver in your home? You could try your headphones out of one of them and see if you can tell if there is much difference to how you listen to them now, or if you care.

If you really want to buy something, I'd take a look at the presonus HP4 or similar. Prosumer audio gear is often the best bang for the buck in that price range.

I actually don't have any gear :p For now I am using my Klipsh Image s4's
I just recently started splurging on audiophile gear, have a pair of hd595's coming in soon and need an amp for it ( I almost exclusively use the computer for listening to music, so any home theater I have isn't important)

Edit: I think I'm going to go with a Little Dot MK2! Anything better around the 150-200 range?

Dec 23, 2010 at 3:24 AM Post #6 of 6

Quote:
Quote:

I actually don't have any gear :p For now I am using my Klipsh Image s4's
I just recently started splurging on audiophile gear, have a pair of hd595's coming in soon and need an amp for it ( I almost exclusively use the computer for listening to music, so any home theater I have isn't important)

Edit: I think I'm going to go with a Little Dot MK2! Anything better around the 150-200 range?

Despite the MK2 having a higher numeral then MK 1+ I think the 1+ would sound better on your gear. The 595s and your Klipsh are relatively low impedance's and since the 1+ is a hybrid design it works better with lower impedance's. The MK 2 is designed more for higher impedance's like Senn HD600 etc. Of course this could prove to be wrong since I quite enjoy my 64Ohm 702s out of a OTL Tube amp so this is merely conjecture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back