Need Help DOUBLE CHARGE ON E-PAY on ASGARD 2 from SCHIIT AUDIO
Jun 5, 2013 at 10:04 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Chawanwit

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys, I just got double charged for the payment of Asgard 2 from Schiit Audio
Has this ever happened to anyone?
I live in Bangkok, Thailand and my brother used my debit card to order the Asgard 2 on 16 of May.
I got charged once that day.
Then I got charged again on 31 of May (in Thailand) which is 30 of May(in USA)

I contacted the Bank and this is the proof they gave me as you can see above both purchase are the 2nd and 3rd item on the list and the banks states that both are from Schiit Audio.
There are slight differences in the amount as the staff of the bank states that it is because of the exchange rate.
The schiit Asgard 2 is price at $250 + delivery + tax which comes to about 8500 baht thai to 8700.

My brother contacted Schitt Audio as well and Jason gave proof that paypal only collected money from my account once which is the third item on the list above.
Below is Jason showing me that his paypall only collected money from my card once on 30 of May (USA) and 31 of May (Thailand)

From there reputation,I believe Jason and Schiit Audio are honest guys and trustworthy.
Could it be the fault of paypal or my bank?
Please help me because I am a student in Thailand and almost $300 is very important to me.

Thanks in advance

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #3 of 11
Quote:
If you payed through Paypal, I'd contact them first to make sure only one transaction with Schiit took place. 

It is done through the Schiit Audio website and the E-payment system that the website used is paypal based on what Jason replied to my brother email. So technically, it is different than paying through Paypal therefore I cannot check with Paypal.
Thanks

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 11
Quote:
Okay, have you verified that one of the charges was not a pre-authorization with the other being an actual payment?  Somewhat rare on websites but sometimes companies will do that will pre-orders or backordered items.

I have verified with two banks staffs on the phone and also went to the bank myself to contact a staff. All three staffs mention that both charges are payments and are from Schiit Audio.

Thanks for taking your time to help me!

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:18 AM Post #7 of 11
Quote:
Okay, so if it is e-payment, how did you pay?  Did you use a credit or debit card?  If so you could call that company.

It was paid by a debit card of Bangkok Bank of Thailand. I already contacted them and is waiting for the reply from their team of staff that deals with this kind of problem. However, the staff of the bank told me that it will take a very long time and so therefore I am here trying to figure out the problem because I will be needing the cash for some payment soon as I am still a student........ 
frown.gif

Thanks

Jun 5, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #8 of 11
Jasons confirm that he checked with paypal and they charge only once.
The Bank says two charges occured from Schiit Audio.
Both have proof.
Any one please help me.

Thanks

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 11
Quote:
That's really all you can do for now, looks like you will have to wait for them to sort it out.  I would hope it doesn't take a "very long time," I know here in America it is pretty quick for them or credit card companies to figure these things out if you're willing to spend long enough on the phone.  

Thank you very much for your help.
It will take at least 7 days if you are lucky or few weeks in Thailand until the full investigation will finish and they will report to me what happens. 

Jun 14, 2013 at 11:55 AM Post #11 of 11
The bank finally return my money after several calls and complains. It turned out to be the banks fault however the bank's staff blame it on the system for charging money from debit card twice and the vendor for being inexperienced and not collecting the cash from the first payment but doing another transaction leaving the first payment on halt in the system. I do not like that the bank is pointing fingers when it is obvious that the fault lies within the system of the bank.

Thanks for your support Radio_Head!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back