Need help deciding
Apr 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

starr54

New Head-Fier
So I"m looking to get my first pair of full sized cans, for about $100 or less, mostly for music, maybe a little bit of video games. I listen to mostly rock, everything from pink floyd and the eagles to harder stuff. Ive been looking at the grado sr80s but also saw the sennheiser hd555 for $85 on amazon. The'll be for home use so im not concerned with open vs closed design. Any advice on deciding between these pairs, or suggestions for others is appreciated

Apr 27, 2011 at 10:39 PM Post #2 of 6
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/529144/buying-headphones-seeking-guidance-don-t-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here

Please - its there for a reason. If your query isnt responded to, by all means come back to this thread and say so.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:16 PM Post #4 of 6

I feel like AD700's are many people's first set of cans. They were mine, as well as a few of my friends.

They ultimately led to me becoming a complete AT fanboy. They're not great for all around use, in terms of bringing them out of the house, but man do they kick ass when you're listening through your computer or relaxing around the house. There are many mods that will help you turn into into a Mic enabled gaming headset, and they drive well with iPods and common MP3 players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back