Need help deciding on headphones!!!
Dec 19, 2012 at 12:55 PM Post #31 of 47
Quote:
Yes they will plug directly into your ipod, also you change the cushions by swaping them out (they slip right on/off). I have yet to hear the sound difference with the (G) cushion, I have (L) cushions wich are stock on the MS2i's, so I cant comment on them. The (S) cushions that come with the SR80's are comfortable even though they are on ear. I highly recommend the SR80i's, you will not be dissapointed. In the future I'm going to purchase (G) cushions, around ear, for my own experience.

I've been watching several reviews for the SR80i's and I'm almost sold, I really love the look and I really love everything I hear about it from everyone on this site and on the reviews and these will be my first(besides the skullcandys i own atm) set of headphones, but my only concern is, if I buy the L cushions, do they go around my ear??

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:07 PM Post #32 of 47
Also, I wear headphones at school alot so would these up at maximum value be enough to block out the noise because I know these are open back headphones. Please let me know!!!

Dec 19, 2012 at 1:32 PM Post #33 of 47
Thet will block no noise what so ever

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #35 of 47
Quote:
So they would not be good to wear at school?

You will barely hear any difference in the noise/sounds around you when you put them on. At healthy listening levels it would not be good to wear them to school, but if you blast, maybe 
wink.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #36 of 47
Quote:
You will barely hear any difference in the noise/sounds around you when you put them on. At healthy listening levels it would not be good to wear them to school, but if you blast, maybe 
wink.gif

Lol. I like how you put that. I am famous in my school for blaring my music at unhealthy levels. Well I think that just sould me..... :) haha. Thank you so much.

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #37 of 47
Quote:
I've been watching several reviews for the SR80i's and I'm almost sold, I really love the look and I really love everything I hear about it from everyone on this site and on the reviews and these will be my first(besides the skullcandys i own atm) set of headphones, but my only concern is, if I buy the L cushions, do they go around my ear??

No, the (S) and the(L) cushions are supra-aural (on ear), and the (G) cushions are circumaural (around ear). The (S) cushion that comes stock on the SR80i is a flat pad that  covers the driver (no hole), the (L) cushion is a bowl shaped cushion with a (hole) in the middle to expose the driver. The cushions that come stock on the 80i's are fine for this headphone, they belong on them. Also if you listen to this headphone even at moderate levels they will be heard by others. If this is not a major factor for you, trust me these headphones really are awesome, you will be blown away as soon as you put them on your head, guaranteed!!!

Dec 19, 2012 at 4:57 PM Post #38 of 47
Quote:
No, the (S) and the(L) cushions are supra-aural (on ear), and the (G) cushions are circumaural (around ear). The (S) cushion that comes stock on the SR80i is a flat pad that  covers the driver (no hole), the (L) cushion is a bowl shaped cushion with a (hole) in the middle to expose the driver. The cushions that come stock on the 80i's are fine for this headphone, they belong on them. Also if you listen to this headphone even at moderate levels they will be heard by others. If this is not a major factor for you, trust me these headphones really are awesome, you will be blown away as soon as you put them on your head, guaranteed!!!

So i have to get the G cushions to make them over the ear?

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #41 of 47
Quote:
Yeah I know. They are like 50 dollars and If I get the SR80i's, that would bring my total to around 150

I'm not so sure why you need a circumaural (around ear) headphone? But I never liked on ear headphones myself, but then when I listened to my friends SR80, I went out the next day and puchased them and found they were fine, just different. You really dont need to buy the (G) cushion the (S) cushions are comfortable and also give the 80's a bit warmer sound, because remember they are not bass monsters, so these cushions work to the 80's advantage, if you are really interested you will definitly enjoy them the way they are, I know you dont know me from a hole in the wall but trust me they're incredible, once again you cant go wrong especially for 100$. If you purchase these headphones you will have to adjust the spring metal headband to fit your head nicely by stretching out until a little at a time until you have them just resting on your ears with no pressure, wich also makes gives them a more open, airy sound you will not even know you are wearing them.

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #42 of 47
Quote:
I'm not so sure why you need a circumaural (around ear) headphone? But I never liked on ear headphones myself, but then when I listened to my friends SR80, I went out the next day and puchased them and found they were fine, just different. You really dont need to buy the (G) cushion the (S) cushions are comfortable and also give the 80's a bit warmer sound, because remember they are not bass monsters, so these cushions work to the 80's advantage, if you are really interested you will definitly enjoy them the way they are, I know you dont know me from a hole in the wall but trust me they're incredible, once again you cant go wrong especially for 100$.

It's just I've tried on ear headphones and they come off too easy and i tried the beats solo and they are on ear and they were horrible. That's what gave me the bad impression on on ear

Dec 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #43 of 47
Quote:
It's just I've tried on ear headphones and they come off too easy and i tried the beats solo and they are on ear and they were horrible. That's what gave me the bad impression on on ear

I believe I also did the same thing in best buy with the beats and felt the same way, I also think they had synthetic leather on them, were as the grado is a fom rubber, so they grip a bit more. Further more from the factory the grado is tight to your head prior to srtetching the band so they will not fall off your head. You can also purchase the grado SR60i's wich are 80$ U.S. and purchase the (G) cushion for a total of 125$ U.S.. This also comes with a 1/8 plug to directly go into your ipod and comes with a 1/4 adapter in the box just as the 80i does. The difference with the 60i is the cable is 2 conductor were as the 80i is a 4 conductor, the sound signature is the same. They also come with the (S) cushions. Either one is a steel!!! BTW no headphone (I dont care how expensive), from best buy or similar stores can come close to the sound of the grado's at all!!! Plus they are both very light headphones.

Dec 19, 2012 at 10:57 PM Post #44 of 47
I believe I also did the same thing in best buy with the beats and felt the same way, I also think they had synthetic leather on them, were as the grado is a fom rubber, so they grip a bit more. Further more from the factory the grado is tight to your head prior to srtetching the band so they will not fall off your head. You can also purchase the grado SR60i's wich are 80$ U.S. and purchase the (G) cushion for a total of 125$ U.S.. This also comes with a 1/8 plug to directly go into your ipod and comes with a 1/4 adapter in the box just as the 80i does. The difference with the 60i is the cable is 2 conductor were as the 80i is a 4 conductor, the sound signature is the same. They also come with the (S) cushions. Either one is a steel!!! BTW no headphone (I dont care how expensive), from best buy or similar stores can come close to the sound of the grado's at all!!! Plus they are both very light headphones.

Well is that really the only difference? I hear the 80i's have better bass? And also are the 125i's worth getting or do you not know? I'm really curious about Grados I'm just really concerned about like sound quality and stuff and which stuff is actually better for a reasonable price.

Dec 20, 2012 at 12:06 AM Post #45 of 47
Quote:
Well is that really the only difference? I hear the 80i's have better bass? And also are the 125i's worth getting or do you not know? I'm really curious about Grados I'm just really concerned about like sound quality and stuff and which stuff is actually better for a reasonable price.

Yes, listening out of your ipod I doubt very much you will hear a difference even out of another souce for that matter. These 2 models carry the same signature. The 125 has a different voice coil and these are 150$ U.S. (wich I cant comment on because I never heard them.) Price/performance buy the 80 and enjoy it you will not be missing anything at all the sound quality will blow you away you can pick them up on ebay for 99$ U.S. None of these grado's have heavy bass it's just right. I only mentioned the 60 because you wanted the (G) cushion also and you still would have been under budget that way.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back