Need help choosing CIEMs for female vocals, mostly in pop/ballad/rock genre.
Mar 1, 2013 at 12:21 AM Post #16 of 22
Quote:

It's difficult to find information about the LS8+ because Rooth is right now revamping their packaging, marketing materials, and website. Also, Rooth mostly only sells in countries in Asia, like Japan, Korea, Singapore, and Taiwan. There is also little information about the newer Rooth models the LS-X5 and LS8+ because these models were created in conjunction with HFI International. HFI now directs global development for the Rooth brand. If you want information about the LS8+, I suggest you contact Tomo at HFI. He's completely fluent in English, so don't worry about any language barriers.

If you're looking for user impressions, average_joe looked at the entire Rooth lineup with demos, including the LS8+ here, as did I, here. GoldenEars also measured the LS8+ here, with additional pictures here.

Thanks for the reviews, but could you tell me more about how vocals on the 8+ are ? Can't seem to find descriptions of it. I live in Singapore, so it should be a problem ! Deeply considering the 8+ now...

Aug 5, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #17 of 22
Thanks for the reviews, but could you tell me more about how vocals on the 8+ are ? Can't seem to find descriptions of it. I live in Singapore, so it should be a problem ! Deeply considering the 8+ now...
I am thinking about getting some customs here really soon. Think I've had enough buying universal after universal. I was looking at some older posts that I've commented on and I came across this one. I was wondering if you finally got some customs and if so which ones and how do you like them ?? Thank you :)

Aug 5, 2013 at 8:51 PM Post #18 of 22
Should totally get the westone es5, one of the best vocals around. Jh16 is totally not good for vocals IMO, the es5 are very fast and are also able to output adequate bass

Aug 5, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #20 of 22
If female vocals makes up 80% of your music library, then you should be looking for a pair of customs that offers tonal purity, with a slight upper mid forwardness......

I would highly recommend a pair of FitEar 333, if they are accessible to you.

Aug 5, 2013 at 11:43 PM Post #21 of 22
If it was for female vocals, then there are a few choices, LS8+ , FitEar 333 and ES5 which are CIEMS. For UIEM, i suggest CKPro100.

All of these have one thing in common, that is slight emphasis on the upper mid frequencies.

Aug 6, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #22 of 22
If it was for female vocals, then there are a few choices, LS8+ , FitEar 333 and ES5 which are CIEMS. For UIEM, i suggest CKPro100.

All of these have one thing in common, that is slight emphasis on the upper mid frequencies.

I've read a lot about the 333 and someday I'd love to try them but I think they are hard to get here in Canada ? And the es5 is the one I'm thinking or the jh13. I'm thinking that the jh16 would have too much bass for me. I'm probably going to habe to flip a coin between the two lol thanks for your input :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back