Need help buying PC speakers and sound card
Aug 22, 2012 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

TeerraM1

New Head-Fier
hi, lately i decided to buy myself some new pc speakers and probably a sound card ( since i dont have one).
im looking for a 2.1 speaker system. Ideally one of the speakers would have a mini-jack entry so i can plug in my headphones (atm-m50).
i dont know what else to add, looking for something cheap but worth the price with good sound quality. speakers up to £100 ?
for the sound card i have no idea what is out there but something cheaper that will max out the performance of speakers would be perfect. thank you :)
if you need any more info im active.

Aug 22, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 5
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edifier-C2-Speaker-Satellites-amplifier/dp/B001385KIU/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1345688239&sr=1-7

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-Portable-Headphone-DAC-Amplifier/dp/B003N0XDT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1345688904&sr=8-1 (you can connect the speakers here too if you so desire, it works just like an external sound-card)

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:40 AM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
hi, lately i decided to buy myself some new pc speakers and probably a sound card ( since i dont have one).
im looking for a 2.1 speaker system. Ideally one of the speakers would have a mini-jack entry so i can plug in my headphones (atm-m50).
i dont know what else to add, looking for something cheap but worth the price with good sound quality. speakers up to £100 ?
for the sound card i have no idea what is out there but something cheaper that will max out the performance of speakers would be perfect. thank you :)
if you need any more info im active.

Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card.

Aug 24, 2012 at 11:06 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:
Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card.

+1

Good sound card for the money. I have a Xonar D1 and the higher model Xonar STX. Have to say that even thought the STX sound better, the D1 was definitely the better value for the money. Sounds better than my Clip+ and Cowon D2 mp3 players. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back