Need headphone recommends (specific thoughts included)
Sep 21, 2010 at 11:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

brent75

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in search of a pair of headphones...I've given as much info as possible below...and I'd appreciate you pointing me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

•The headphones will be used at my office, and plugged directly into a MacBook Pro. I'll take them on and off quite often, which is why I want headphone style and not IEM.

•I do come from the world of IEMs for working out, and for reference I've been a Westone loyalist - currently using the Westone 1s. Also have gone through several pairs of Westone UM1s.

•My genres of music include primarily electronic (house, downtempo)...as well as every genre of rock/indie you can think of. I like a warm sound with tight bass, not booming stuff.

•I'd prefer closed style, as I don't want too much sound leaking too my co-workers.

•I DON'T want giant/oversized headphones (people stare at me enough as it is). I really like the size of the Sony MDR-7502 (but no clue how they're regarded around here). So whatever size that's considered - that's what I want.

•I'd say my price point ceiling is $150.

Thanks again, everyone.

Sep 22, 2010 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 3
Bump - I won't force the issue, but would love some feedback if anyone has any.

As for specific models, I did some research yesterday and came across these two:

(1)  Sennheiser HD448

(2) Denon AHD1001S

Thoughts on these, or any other contenders? I can't really tell how big/bulky they are by the pics. I really want something more "mid-size" like the Sony MDR-7502.

Thanks guys...

Sep 23, 2010 at 12:36 PM Post #3 of 3
some of HD25´s:

HD 25-1 II - 70 Ohms, 1.5m steel cable with rt.angled 3.5mm mini-jack and screw-on adaptor to 1/4" jack. These come with leatherette *and* velour earpads and a drawstring carry bag.

HD 25-1 II Special Edition - 70 Ohms, 1.5m cable with rt.angled 3.5mm mini-jack and screw-on adaptor to 1/4" jack. These come with only leatherette earpads and a nice zip case. These are no longer available as far as I am aware.

HD 25 II - 70 Ohms, 2m steel cable with straight 3.5mm mini-jack and screw-on adaptor to 1/4" jack.

HD 25-C II - 70 Ohms, 2/3m coiled copper cable with straight 3.5mm mini-jack and screw-on adaptor to 1/4" jack.

HD 25-13 II - 600 Ohms, 3m steel cable with straight 3.5mm mini-jack and screw-on adaptor to 1/4" jack.

HD 25-SP II - Lower quality version without the split headband, 60 Ohms, 3m cable with straight 3.5mm mini-jack and screw-on adaptor to 1/4" jack.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back