Need Full size closed cans with detachable cable
Jan 10, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #2 of 12
Jan 25, 2011 at 12:44 PM Post #7 of 12
I was going to suggest the Ultrasone Pro line, but you already went ahead and bought a pair 
beerchug.gif

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:17 PM Post #8 of 12
ya, already owned the pro 750 and wasnt that fond of it for such a price tag

even though it sounded great, i felt it did not reflect the price tag, id rather own the Pro Dj1 for 100$ than the pro 750 for more like $200 used $300 new :\

Jan 26, 2011 at 7:39 AM Post #9 of 12
wow, someone just recommended Fostex? I recall them being butchered on here.

Of course, to each his own.

Bumping this. I was considering a Audio-Technica one, but suddenly I'm very interested in Fischers FA- 004 - they aren't getting the worst reviews either. Worried about the non-twistable cups, but that should be fine.

Anyone want to give me a better tip?

Cheers

Jan 26, 2011 at 8:32 AM Post #10 of 12

Quote:
wow, someone just recommended Fostex? I recall them being butchered on here.

Of course, to each his own.

Bumping this. I was considering a Audio-Technica one, but suddenly I'm very interested in Fischers FA- 004 - they aren't getting the worst reviews either. Worried about the non-twistable cups, but that should be fine.

Anyone want to give me a better tip?

Cheers

The anti-Fostex sentiments are from a few years ago when they were putting terrible pads on the T50s that killed all the bass frequencies.  Now that improved pads are going on them, they sound quite good out of the box, and truly mind-blowingly good with a little modding.

Jan 27, 2011 at 4:41 AM Post #11 of 12
Hey Joel.

Thanks for the input. I did actually click my way into their site yesterday and they seemed to be pretty up to par. And like you said, I also noticed those sentiments were from way back ('05 I think) :D

Will give keep them in mind, although from a design perspective I'm not sure if they mesh well with my semi low-key persona.

I am leaning towards Fischer here, somebody stop me if it ain't right! >_<

Thanks.

- Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back