Need Answers Please~
Jan 21, 2013 at 5:25 AM Post #16 of 27
Quote:

I understand the DJ line from Denon were OEM. Eg. the DN-HP1000 are rebrand of the ATH-P700 and the DN-HP700 was suppose to be same as Numark Red Wave? That's why I am trying to confirm his esp. the Red Wave. Anyone have both HP-700 and Red Wave that can comment?

Believe me when I say Konig NRG300, Numark Red Wave and Reloop RHP-10 (and some other brand I forgot) are all the same (possibly tiny bit difference in venting and such but they all have the same drivers) and Denon is a significant step above those in quality. The others sound like 50~$70ish headphones, HP700 sounds more like 250~$300, extremely good for the price but for my personal taste didn't deliver enough subbass (it has slight midbass emphasis and rolls-off a bit in the subbass range) but other than that I loved them.

Jan 21, 2013 at 7:43 AM Post #17 of 27
The beats Pill has always reminded me of cheapo tinny speakers you buy direct from China for $25.
Going off your list it looks like you have been tricked by business and maybe a little peer pressure.

I know Sony makes a few nfc network speakers, I assume you require a chargeable battery.
I only own one of the base models with no battery but the sound is nice.

Jan 21, 2013 at 9:29 AM Post #18 of 27
I've owned all the Beats except the mixers and executives. The only two I liked were the Diddy Beats (they were like buying an EQ setting) and the Beats Pro, both were not worth half there retail price when compared to other headphone companies products.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:07 PM Post #19 of 27
Aye everyone. I have got the items I want. I am not getting the Beats Pill anymore. I have chosen the JBL Flip Speaker. It is $100 less, has more features and it's has WAY more clearer sound than the Beats Pill. I am also getting the DNA On-Ear and In-Ear Headphones with that. Thanks so much everyone for helping and posting.

Jan 21, 2013 at 5:12 PM Post #20 of 27
P
I've owned all the Beats except the mixers and executives. The only two I liked were the Diddy Beats (they were like buying an EQ setting) and the Beats Pro, both were not worth half there retail price when compared to other headphone companies products.
oh. I have heard the Mixers are really good. But people prefer either... I think Solo HD or Tours. Because Solo HD is good in bass and lighter and more portable and Tours is like the Studios, but a mini version and a little more clear. But I would prefer the DNA's. There Highs, mids, and lows are epic and mids make the songs more... Exciting haha.

Jan 22, 2013 at 4:38 AM Post #21 of 27
P
oh. I have heard the Mixers are really good. But people prefer either... I think Solo HD or Tours. Because Solo HD is good in bass and lighter and more portable and Tours is like the Studios, but a mini version and a little more clear. But I would prefer the DNA's. There Highs, mids, and lows are epic and mids make the songs more... Exciting haha.

Oh, Dude... No......No...No. You definitely need to check out Amazon.com for more headphone options. The problem with Beats is they look cool, but they will be beat out by much cheaper headphones sound wise. That's why after coming here and trying out some of the headphones that people recommended, I eventually sold all my Beats. One reason I think you like the DNAs is because the bass is not destroying the mids like the studios, solos and to a lesser degree the tours.

Check these out on Amazon

IEMs:
Monster Turbine Pro Gold. These gave me my first WOW moment, it felt like someone took the cotton out of my ears.

Vsonic Gro2 I haven't heard these, but they get good reviews and I think they're pretty cheap.

Atrio Future Sonic MG7 these are another great pair of bassy IEMs and again the bass won't drown out the rest of the music.

Headphones:

Koss Porta Pro: these are a steal at the price range of around $40, they sound a lot better than than the Beats Solo, but they are uglier than sin.

Audio Technica M-50: these are cheaper than the Studios and Solos and sound much better. They are comparable to the Beats Pros and are only $150.

V-Moda Crossfade LP: I haven't heard these, but they get good reviews, look really cool and are only $100 on Amazon

But if you want the top of the line killer bass check out the Ultrasone Pro 900. These are like filling up an armored truck with walls of subwoofers and amps. There is lots of bass slam and the bass extension goes down to the lowest of the low with out being boomy or having it creep up into the mids. These will need an amp though. If you go this route I'd pick up the Fiio E11 portable headphone amp. This set up is a little over $400 from Amazon

Jan 23, 2013 at 12:48 AM Post #22 of 27
Oh, Dude... No......No...No. You definitely need to check out Amazon.com for more headphone options. The problem with Beats is they look cool, but they will be beat out by much cheaper headphones sound wise. That's why after coming here and trying out some of the headphones that people recommended, I eventually sold all my Beats. One reason I think you like the DNAs is because the bass is not destroying the mids like the studios, solos and to a lesser degree the tours.

Check these out on Amazon

IEMs:
Monster Turbine Pro Gold. These gave me my first WOW moment, it felt like someone took the cotton out of my ears.

Vsonic Gro2 I haven't heard these, but they get good reviews and I think they're pretty cheap.

Atrio Future Sonic MG7 these are another great pair of bassy IEMs and again the bass won't drown out the rest of the music.

Headphones:

Koss Porta Pro: these are a steal at the price range of around $40, they sound a lot better than than the Beats Solo, but they are uglier than sin.

Audio Technica M-50: these are cheaper than the Studios and Solos and sound much better. They are comparable to the Beats Pros and are only $150.

V-Moda Crossfade LP: I haven't heard these, but they get good reviews, look really cool and are only $100 on Amazon

But if you want the top of the line killer bass check out the Ultrasone Pro 900. These are like filling up an armored truck with walls of subwoofers and amps. There is lots of bass slam and the bass extension goes down to the lowest of the low with out being boomy or having it creep up into the mids. These will need an amp though. If you go this route I'd pick up the Fiio E11 portable headphone amp. This set up is a little over $400 from Amazon
hah k man. I will and your right. I have heard the DNA are really clear and such and they look really stylish to me in my opinion. Haha.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:46 PM Post #25 of 27
Quote:
hah k man. I will and your right. I have heard the DNA are really clear and such and they look really stylish to me in my opinion. Haha.

Almost every comparison of the Beats Pro and the ATH M50 admit that the M50 is much better, I would recommend for you to skip the beats line and monster line (except for Turbine Pros); many headphones that are half the price will produce better sound.

Jan 23, 2013 at 6:51 PM Post #26 of 27
Quote:
Quote:

Almost every comparison of the Beats Pro and the ATH M50 admit that the M50 is much better, I would recommend for you to skip the beats line and monster line (except for Turbine Pros); many headphones that are half the price will produce better sound.

+1

Feb 1, 2013 at 5:57 PM Post #27 of 27
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

+1

As someone who has listened to the Diamond Tears and DNA's I can say that Monsters lineup is pretty decent for the price. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back