Need Answers Please~
Jan 20, 2013 at 1:29 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

BbOy G-uNiT1221

New Head-Fier
Well... I can spend $400 on headphones and stuff. So I already know I am getting DNA On-Ear Headphones. Which is $200, so $200 left and my remaining choices are:
- Another pair of DNA On-Ear Headphones $200
- Beats Pill $200
- Beats Solo HD $200
- DNA In-Ear Headphones and urBeats $100 + $100
- Beats Tour and Monster Ncredible Nergy In-Ear Headphones $150 + $50
- 2 DNA In-Ear Headphones $200
- 2 urBeats $200
OR
- 4 Monster Ncredible Nergy In-Ear Headphones Around $200
I'm sorry to everyone that this is long, but if you answer, then I will appreciate it. THANKS!

Jan 20, 2013 at 2:33 PM Post #3 of 27
Quote:
Well... I can spend $400 on headphones and stuff. So I already know I am getting DNA On-Ear Headphones. Which is $200, so $200 left and my remaining choices are:
- Another pair of DNA On-Ear Headphones $200
- Beats Pill $200
- Beats Solo HD $200
- DNA In-Ear Headphones and urBeats $100 + $100
- Beats Tour and Monster Ncredible Nergy In-Ear Headphones $150 + $50
- 2 DNA In-Ear Headphones $200
- 2 urBeats $200
OR
- 4 Monster Ncredible Nergy In-Ear Headphones Around $200
I'm sorry to everyone that this is long, but if you answer, then I will appreciate it. THANKS!

First off, welcome to Head-Fi. Second off... Skip the Beats if you are looking for anything that sounds good... Or is durable... Or is comfortable for long periods of listening. This is just my opinion by the way.

Anyway, sound wise, Beats are very bass heavy, which can take away from the mids and highs, making the track sound muddy. Personally, I have never recommended anything on your list to anyone before. Sorry. HOWEVER, I do have a very healthy (and somewhat less expensive) alternative.

Numark Red Wave, $70. Has as much bass as the Solo HD and the Tour. These are built like a tank, you can bend them and stretch them as much as you want, but they just won't break. They are over the ear, and a bit on the larger side, but they do fold up to the size a bit bigger than a softball for easy travel. They are comfortable for up to 3 hours at a time. AND, they look great. Plus, I get more comments on them than my Beats when I'm in public. They definitely are attention grabbers.

If all you want is bass, I'd recommend purchasing a portable amplifier, such as the FiiO E7. Basically, it will make the bass of your headphones sound like it's coming from a 15 inch car subwoofer. The E7 can make more bass from the Red Waves than the Studios can produce. That's how much bass. So, for less than $200, my personal choice would be the Numark Red Wave + FiiO E7.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts, and PM me if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to answer! :)

-BiggBenn

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:32 PM Post #4 of 27
First off, welcome to Head-Fi. Second off... Skip the Beats if you are looking for anything that sounds good... Or is durable... Or is comfortable for long periods of listening. This is just my opinion by the way.

Anyway, sound wise, Beats are very bass heavy, which can take away from the mids and highs, making the track sound muddy. Personally, I have never recommended anything on your list to anyone before. Sorry. HOWEVER, I do have a very healthy (and somewhat less expensive) alternative.

Numark Red Wave, $70. Has as much bass as the Solo HD and the Tour. These are built like a tank, you can bend them and stretch them as much as you want, but they just won't break. They are over the ear, and a bit on the larger side, but they do fold up to the size a bit bigger than a softball for easy travel. They are comfortable for up to 3 hours at a time. AND, they look great. Plus, I get more comments on them than my Beats when I'm in public. They definitely are attention grabbers.

If all you want is bass, I'd recommend purchasing a portable amplifier, such as the FiiO E7. Basically, it will make the bass of your headphones sound like it's coming from a 15 inch car subwoofer. The E7 can make more bass from the Red Waves than the Studios can produce. That's how much bass. So, for less than $200, my personal choice would be the Numark Red Wave + FiiO E7.

Anyway, let me know your thoughts, and PM me if you have any further questions, I'd be happy to answer! :)

-BiggBenn
Well thanks for the detailed, and awesome reply and the welcome too. Haha! Well. Problem is where can I buy them? Best Buy is MOST likely I can find and buy any On-Ear and In-Ear Headphones. Also, I have had iBeats and Solo HD's before anddd... They were pretty good. Solo HD were durable. Oh, also forgot to mention that I am more into having a speaker as my second choice because of bboying. I need a good speaker if I wanna dance, right? Haha! Thanks again and reply soon as you can.

P.S. Forgot one more thing, what about the Monster Ncredible Nergy's? And I would either have a speaker or a In-Ear Headphones as a second choice since I'm already getting On-Ear Headphones. Haha. Sorry.

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #5 of 27
Quote:
Well thanks for the detailed, and awesome reply and the welcome too. Haha! Well. Problem is where can I buy them? Best Buy is MOST likely I can find and buy any On-Ear and In-Ear Headphones. Also, I have had iBeats and Solo HD's before anddd... They were pretty good. Solo HD were durable. Oh, also forgot to mention that I am more into having a speaker as my second choice because of bboying. I need a good speaker if I wanna dance, right? Haha! Thanks again and reply soon as you can.

P.S. Forgot one more thing, what about the Monster Ncredible Nergy's? And I would either have a speaker or a In-Ear Headphones as a second choice since I'm already getting On-Ear Headphones. Haha. Sorry.

Ok, are you into a portable speaker or just a speaker set in general? I might have something for you bookshelf wise... http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MHCEC909iP-Hi-Fi-Shelf-System/dp/B003GZDB1Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1358714205&sr=8-10&keywords=sony+speaker+bookshelf

Check it. Also, the Red Waves can be found at Guitar Center for 100 bucks. Or, Amazon link here: http://www.amazon.com/Numark-RED-WAVE-DJ-Headphones/dp/B004M13GA4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358714273&sr=1-1&keywords=red+wave

Jan 20, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #6 of 27
Ok, are you into a portable speaker or just a speaker set in general? I might have something for you bookshelf wise... http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MHCEC909iP-Hi-Fi-Shelf-System/dp/B003GZDB1Q/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1358714205&sr=8-10&keywords=sony+speaker+bookshelf

Check it. Also, the Red Waves can be found at Guitar Center for 100 bucks. Or, Amazon link here: http://www.amazon.com/Numark-RED-WAVE-DJ-Headphones/dp/B004M13GA4/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1358714273&sr=1-1&keywords=red+wave
ir
For the headphones, got anything a little smaller? And the speaker, I would prefer a mini speaker. Ex: Beats Pill. Lol.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:10 PM Post #7 of 27
Quote:
For the headphones, got anything a little smaller? And the speaker, I would prefer a mini speaker. Ex: Beats Pill. Lol.

Well, no, I don't. Sorry. I see you love Beats By Dre... Maybe read my thoughts on them? Here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/622817/fake-beats-lineup-a-social-experiment-in-review
Pics on page 3. I personally would spend the same money on some V-Modas for portable use, or AKG Q701 for home use. Again, just my opinion.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:16 PM Post #8 of 27
Hah
Well, no, I don't. Sorry. I see you love Beats By Dre... Maybe read my thoughts on them? Here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/622817/fake-beats-lineup-a-social-experiment-in-review
Pics on page 3. I personally would spend the same money on some V-Modas for portable use, or AKG Q701 for home use. Again, just my opinion.
nah. Don't be. I kinda do love them haha. And sure I will. I'll be honest. Money is not much of a problem right now. Lol. And I've heard of the V-Modas before. I'll check them out.

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:21 PM Post #9 of 27
Quote:
Hah
nah. Don't be. I kinda do love them haha. And sure I will. I'll be honest. Money is not much of a problem right now. Lol. And I've heard of the V-Modas before. I'll check them out.

Alright, good deal. Let me know what you find. 

Jan 20, 2013 at 4:37 PM Post #11 of 27
How about the AKG K167? I really like them and they fold up really well, my friends also said they loved the way they look.

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #13 of 27
Quote:

-BiggBenn

I heard the Numark Red Waves are the same as Denon DN-HP700? Can anyone confirm that?

Jan 20, 2013 at 7:44 PM Post #14 of 27
Quote:

I heard the Numark Red Waves are the same as Denon DN-HP700? Can anyone confirm that?

Don't know where you heard that. I've got the Konig NRG300 which are pretty the same as Numark Red Waves (there's probably like 4-5 different brands with that same headphone) and they sound nowhere as good as Denon DN-HP700. Numark Red Waves are at least twice as bassy as the Denons too, the midrange is much smoother and less detailed (I'd even say "muddy" unless you do some modding) and the highs a bit veiled.

Jan 20, 2013 at 11:03 PM Post #15 of 27
Quote:

Don't know where you heard that. I've got the Konig NRG300 which are pretty the same as Numark Red Waves (there's probably like 4-5 different brands with that same headphone) and they sound nowhere as good as Denon DN-HP700. Numark Red Waves are at least twice as bassy as the Denons too, the midrange is much smoother and less detailed (I'd even say "muddy" unless you do some modding) and the highs a bit veiled.

I understand the DJ line from Denon were OEM. Eg. the DN-HP1000 are rebrand of the ATH-P700 and the DN-HP700 was suppose to be same as Numark Red Wave? That's why I am trying to confirm his esp. the Red Wave. Anyone have both HP-700 and Red Wave that can comment?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back