Need advice to repair my grado sr60i
Jun 13, 2011 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Vinchan

New Head-Fier
I got some problem on my grado sr60i and need some helps from folks

Well, the problem is that the right side of headphones doesn't produce bass sounds

I realized significant volume difference between left&right side in this morning, and I believe that absence of bass on the right side is the problem :frowning2:
(ex. can't here anything from right side when I turned down the tone knob of electric guitar to produce only bass sounds, but then able to here only treble sounds when I add some treble)

I mainly used for monitoring my guitar from multi-effects unit, and sometimes I used very, very high volume thru headphones (loud enough volume that I can hear complete music without 'wearing it on. guess it was very stupid things to do. Is it possible that some components of headphones got permanent damage with too loud input?

Thought about the repair and search some threads, but i didn't register nor keeping original box or anything (purchased from amazon, like 5 months ago). And someone from this forum says he/she paid $45 to fix some of the problems, but I don't think more than half of new unit price for repair is not that best deal.

Any kind of similar experience or advice?

Thanks

ps.  Yes, I cleaned my earwax, adjust eq or volume balance properly, and I even open the headphones to make sure there is no lose soldering.

Sorry for double post here and DIY forum, thought this forum would be more suited for this topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Back