Need advice to choose between the beyerdynamic T1 and audio technica w3000anv
Jul 13, 2013 at 11:45 PM Post #16 of 19
That pretty much sums it up. The T1 is better technically, but to me the w3000 just does a better job of making music sound better. It's a headphone where you can just sit back and get lost in the music. Very few headphones can accomplish that IMO.

Jul 19, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #17 of 19
More impressions.
I haven't had my w3000anv for more than a few weeks but ...

They strike a special airy balance that is not too close yet not far and not too bright yet not dull and very lively while remaining balanced giving you a feeling of certainty that this is exactly how it should sound.
Yes there are larger sounding "open" cans BUT they never gave me that assured feeling of certainty of being correct, even if they were "technically" better..
. From any "over ear" can.
With a rubber band in place in middle I can wear for hours with zero fatigue!
Sold my T90..
:)

Jul 19, 2013 at 4:44 PM Post #18 of 19
I'm glad you are enjoying them. And yes they do have a good balanced of not sounding too closed in, and not overly bright. I think the treble balance is just right considering the mids. If they had just a little more down low, that would be close to perfect. But the overall bass weight is just enough for me, so that's not a real complaint.

After a while some cans began to loose a little luster with me, and I end up selling them for something else. But that hadn't happen with these, and I've owned them since the beginning. They are simply special IMO.

Jul 21, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #19 of 19
Quote:
Can a horizontal slider rating be done to assess the sound of these in different aspects. Is the treble on the T1 not a problem, as long as the source is good enough? which of these is scalable, and responds to upgrades in source components? Is the w3000anv's detail retrieval good, though behind the T1?

T1 or W3000ANV ? 
Both. They compliment each other and together they will cover the spectrum of mostly substandard audio engineered / badly audio mixed recordings since the advent of CD era some 30 years ago. W3000ANV will make acceptable the sound of the albums with screechy high frequencies, it will suppress their dissonance and at the other extreme T1 will lift and make more alive the sound of the dynamically compressed albums that had their high frequencies 'mowed down' in order to increase the loudness of recordings. If you can afford it you really need both of these headphones in your arsenal. [Buying T1 second hand would help a lot financially].

Users who are viewing this thread

Back