Need advice from someone who has heard LCD-2, HE6, and HE500(I own 2/3)
Jul 7, 2012 at 11:07 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

basementdweller

100+ Head-Fier
Okay, so I am a hoarder, but I increasingly cannot stand stuff sitting around in disuse.  I have a LCD-2 rev 1 and HE6.  My primary DAC is an Eastern Electric Minimax+ and my amps: EF6 and Lyr.  I listen to Rock, from the 70's to right now, and everything from Radiohead to Paramore to Tool, NIN, Angels and Airwaves and Five Finger Death Punch...but I pretty much only listen to Rock.  For pure auditory pleasure I prefer the HE6 65%-70% of the time and find the sound of the LCD-2 charming the rest of the time.  The problem is that I listen to the HE6 95%-99% of the time.  No matter which way you look at it, the LCD-2 simply was not designed for my massive head.  Unlike most people, I don't even notice the weight of Orthos.  Too much time in motorcycle, football, combat helmets, etc.  Now I might be able to make the head band on the Audeze work if I saw it in half and add some material, but it is like $99 a pop and I really want to exhaust other options before I try it. 

There are those who have compared the HE500 to the LCD-2; how true is this?  After all, I know I can wear a Hifiman all day and probably make a straight trade in the forums.  Is the HE500 similar enough to the LCD-2...enough that someone, who already owns an HE6, could make them stablemates?  Are the two Hifiman's different enough to live together?  Am I barking up the wrong tree?  I will consider any option even including custom IEMs if you have suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back