Need advice for Ultrasone PRO900 :)
Oct 15, 2011 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

TamNz

New Head-Fier
Hi guys

Im now using Beats by dre studio but for me it is still not enough bass for me

so im planing to buy Ultrasone PRO900 but i m not sure if it has more bass than Beats by Dre studio or not

Oct 15, 2011 at 7:52 AM Post #2 of 8
Just get a Sony XB500 and add 5Db across the bass range via EQ.

That should be enough.

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:48 AM Post #4 of 8
Hi there TamNz!

There has been a few posts about this on page 223 of this page. From the looks of it, it will be an upgrade. Do note that the Pro 900 has a typical burn in period of up to 400 hours (as with all ultrasones) so do be patient after you get one (=
Hope this helps! (=

Oct 15, 2011 at 9:02 AM Post #6 of 8
The Pro 900 is not hard to drive. That said, an amp, in most audiophilic situations, is much prefer as it would help bring out the subtleties in the sound. I run my Pro 900s straight from my Macbook Pro sometimes, but mostly through a firewire recording interface (that I use for recording) that has a built in headphone amp. Although not ideal, I'm holding off on buying an amp till I get back to Singapore for good and planting myself back home.

At that stage, I will most DEFINITELY get an amp =P

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:53 AM Post #7 of 8
I think you'll need to turn up the volume on the Pro 900 so loud to get the bass you want, that the treble starts cutting your eardrums into pieces. I think you're better off going for an XB500 like mentioned earlier. Even the Sony is an upgrade to the Beats.
And Pro 900 sounds very artificial with sloppy bass and recessed mids without adequate amping.

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Ok thanks for advice

bigsmile_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back