Neck Deep in Schiit: Gungir Balanced DAC and Mjolnir Balanced Amp Announced!
Aug 23, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #287 of 306
Quote:
You can get balanced cables for IEMs.

That'd be pretty ergonomically unfriendly though, unless you got the cable terminated to that stupid male Kobiconn iris connector that can be mated to the connector used in the ALO MKIII-B and RSA SR-71B, or to a male Switchcraft mini-XLR, and then have adapters (female Kobiconn iris or female mini-XLR) to dual male full-size XLR3 or single male full-size XLR4 created.

In other words, I can't think of any way to do it that isn't ugly.

Aug 23, 2012 at 4:38 PM Post #288 of 306
Quote:

You can get balanced cables for IEMs.

I am not sure how IEMs are cabled but if you intend to use a converter.. please refer to the FAQs provided on the Schiits website. It states that it will not be possible cause it will trigger internal protection.. 

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:29 PM Post #289 of 306
Quote:

I am not sure how IEMs are cabled but if you intend to use a converter.. please refer to the FAQs provided on the Schiits website. It states that it will not be possible cause it will trigger internal protection.. 

It doesnt require the use of a converter at all, you can run 2 wires from each earpiece all the way to the balanced termination same as any other headphone, well as long as they have removable cables, like with customs

Aug 23, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #290 of 306
I have a balanced cable for my UERM terminated with a 4 pin XLR. It's very easy to deal with and didn't cost much.

Aug 23, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #291 of 306
I have my Jh16 with a balanced Whiplash TwAg cable terminated to Hirose and then various adaptors so that I can use them with either stereo mini, xlr4 or Kobicon.

I am hanging out to try my JH with the Schiit statement rig.

Aug 28, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #292 of 306
Quote:
Still slated for August, but it will just squeak in, it looks like. We're not going to announce orders until we actually have stock--new policy thanks to the Mjolnir.

Tick Tock... 
biggrin.gif

Aug 30, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #295 of 306
Well, I ended up ordering the Yulong D18. Now I'll have to wonder how the Gungnir would have compared. But that would have been the case either way I guess :rolleyes:.

It sure is quieter than leading up to Moljnir release.

Tick Tock... :D

Aug 31, 2012 at 6:33 AM Post #297 of 306
Since the other Mjolnir thread seems to have been locked, can someone here tell me if they've tried Grados with the Mjolnir.

Aug 31, 2012 at 1:29 PM Post #298 of 306
Quote:
Since the other Mjolnir thread seems to have been locked, can someone here tell me if they've tried Grados with the Mjolnir.

I just checked, it's not locked:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/603218/schiit-mjolnir-headphone-amplifier/990#post_8658319

Are you referring to a different thread?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back