Neck Deep in Schiit: Gungir Balanced DAC and Mjolnir Balanced Amp Announced!
Mar 29, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #31 of 306
The Bryston BHA-1 is an amplifier. The Bifrost is a DAC.

Mar 29, 2012 at 9:54 PM Post #32 of 306
D'oh, I misread that as BDA1 but I will retract my post as its irrelevant to the purpose of this thread.
redface.gif

My Asgard just arrived yesterday so I guess I will start saving for the Gungir.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #35 of 306
176.4 over USB--a limitation of the C-Media receiver

Limitation now, but not an inherent limitation forever, if my reading of a comment of Demian Martin's in another forum is correct.  I'm hoping the C-Media receiver or whatever you plan to use in the statement DAC will be capable of 176.4 USB input in the foreseeable future.

Mar 29, 2012 at 11:58 PM Post #38 of 306
Jason, will the Gungnir click like the Bifrost?

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:16 AM Post #39 of 306
its easy to assume it will, but shouldn't really bother anyone considering the click only happens when changing sampling rates.  Could be a problem if you use the same dac in Waspi/Asio as well as the windows mixer, that is unless yo uchange windows setting to match the majority of your material.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #40 of 306
It is not really a big deal for me, I barely notice anymore, but I would prefer if it didn't. Mine clicks any time I start a song, stop a song, or switches sampling rates and when I need to change audio originating programs (because I have to stop one and start another), such as J River Media Center to Chrome (youtube, etc). I use WASAPI so my media player locks out everything else unless it is stopped.

Mar 30, 2012 at 12:55 AM Post #42 of 306
Didn't help. Still clicks between stops and starts. Thanks for the attempt though.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #43 of 306
Mine only clicks when changing rates using spdif from a creative xfi card and foobar2000.  I don't mind.  I kind of like it, it's oddly reassuring.

Should be interesting to see impressions of the gungnir vs bifrost.  I should be in the market for a new dac by the time this is released.

Mar 30, 2012 at 2:31 AM Post #44 of 306
Mine only clicks when changing rates using spdif from a creative xfi card and foobar2000.  I don't mind.  I kind of like it, it's oddly reassuring.

Should be interesting to see impressions of the gungnir vs bifrost.  I should be in the market for a new dac by the time this is released.

Agreed. Oddly enough...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back