NCM (Nguyen Custom Monitors) - Universal/Custom
Sep 5, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #151 of 195
I got a loaner Bella v1.... I personally feel it or me needs a substantial amount of burn in. WIll keep you guys posted.

Cool!!!

Can you please post your impressions in comparison to NC5 V2 and Bella V2?
I am still lost with my decision....

By the way, what do you mean by "I personally feel it" (sorry, did not get it) and where did you get your loaner from? Directly from Thomas?

Best!

Sep 5, 2019 at 11:29 PM Post #152 of 195
Cool!!!

By the way, what do you mean by "I personally feel it" (sorry, did not get it) and where did you get your loaner from? Directly from Thomas?

Best!
Most certainly... i corrected my above post to be intelligible :D

I got the loaner from my friend @suman134

Sep 6, 2019 at 12:18 AM Post #153 of 195
Cool!!!

Best!
If you are not very much into churning out highest amount of details, NC5 v2 will do it with just shy of bass head level bass and with its smoother notes presentation. Bella v2 is considerably dry and is only detail minded. the V2 has a considerably smaller stage size.

Sep 6, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #154 of 195
Most certainly... i corrected my above post to be intelligible :D

I got the loaner from my friend @suman134

Niiice, thanks a lot! :)

Btw., do you actually own Bella V2 or NC5 V2 or will your comparison with Bella V1 be based on memory?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 4:51 AM Post #155 of 195
If you are not very much into churning out highest amount of details, NC5 v2 will do it with just shy of bass head level bass and with its smoother notes presentation. Bella v2 is considerably dry and is only detail minded. the V2 has a considerably smaller stage size.

Well, I own the NC5 v2 and I really love its w-shaped signature/tonality, I am just missing some details (especially a bit more airiness in the treble) and wider stage that I get with other earphones (Oriolus, Andromeda). So I am considering the upgrade to Bella V1 or Bella V2. Referring to Thomas, I think I might be the target group for Bella V1.

The big questions for me are just:

- Does Bella V1 really improve enough in details and stage compared to NC5 V2 to pay the extra money (because Bad Boy and others have said they sound so similar)?
- Bella V2 seems to really improve in details, but how much smaller is the sound stage compared to NC5 V2 (which is already not the widest sound stage)?

So I would appreciate very much if somebody could compare the three directly with each other in terms of details and stage!

Thanks so much!

:)

PS: By the way, by
the V2 has a considerably smaller stage size.
you meant Bella V2 ot NC5 V2?

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2019 at 4:56 AM Post #156 of 195
Unfortunately I have not heard the V1. Thomas must have me confused with some other completely lost audio addict :)

-Collin-

Haha - no worries at all! Sorry for bothering you! :)

Sep 6, 2019 at 5:19 AM Post #157 of 195
Well, I own the NC5 v2 and I really love its w-shaped signature/tonality, I am just missing some details (especially a bit more airiness in the treble) and wider stage that I get with other earphones (Oriolus, Andromeda). So I am considering the upgrade to Bella V1 or Bella V2. Referring to Thomas, I think I might be the target group for Bella V1.

- Does Bella V1 really improve enough in details and stage compared to NC5 V2 to pay the extra money (because Bad Boy and others have said they sound so similar)?
- Bella V2 seems to really improve in details, but how much smaller is the sound stage compared to NC5 V2 (which is already not the widest sound stage)?

So I would appreciate very much if somebody could compare the three directly with each other in terms of details and stage!

Thanks so much!

PS: By the way, by you meant Bella V2 ot NC5 V2?

Yes the Bella V1 improves exactly the way you want it to, but sadly the stage size not exactly huge and is similar to the NC5 v2. What the Bella V1 brings over the NC5 v2 is better details, better precision, tighter bass and far better treble extension and energy. Yes the tonality is similar but they are not in the same league when if comes to other things.

the Bella V2 sadly has a considerably smaller stage size but has considerably more details, and its on the drier side, its not juicy like the NC5 v2.

Bella V1 vs V2 is well known to everyone here, V2 is drier, sharper, smaller bass, has more details and precision compared to the V1. The V2 has smaller stage, nearly 30% smaller. You can obviously try wide bore tips (spin fit) and better cables to open the stage up by another 15-20%. @superuser1 can guide you on the exact cable which improves the stage. (should be applicable to both earphones).

You should get the V1 if stage is your priority.

Sep 6, 2019 at 5:21 AM Post #158 of 195
I would really like Thomas to upgrade the stock cable.
The stock cable is not complimenting these high price earphones.
A bit more premium cable will do more justice to them.

Sep 6, 2019 at 5:51 AM Post #159 of 195

Thanks so much!

PS: By the way, by you meant Bella V2 ot NC5 V2?

I'm exactly at same point as you. Just asking about this aspects to decide if upgrading to v1 soon (v2 seems to not be what I want).

Sep 6, 2019 at 5:56 AM Post #160 of 195
Yes the Bella V1 improves exactly the way you want it to, but sadly the stage size not exactly huge and is similar to the NC5 v2. What the Bella V1 brings over the NC5 v2 is better details, better precision, tighter bass and far better treble extension and energy. Yes the tonality is similar but they are not in the same league when if comes to other things.

the Bella V2 sadly has a considerably smaller stage size but has considerably more details, and its on the drier side, its not juicy like the NC5 v2.

Bella V1 vs V2 is well known to everyone here, V2 is drier, sharper, smaller bass, has more details and precision compared to the V1. The V2 has smaller stage, nearly 30% smaller. You can obviously try wide bore tips (spin fit) and better cables to open the stage up by another 15-20%. @superuser1 can guide you on the exact cable which improves the stage. (should be applicable to both earphones).

You should get the V1 if stage is your priority.

Wow - thank you so much for this post which is really helpful. May I ask you, too, if you heard all three side by side or is your comparison based on memory?

Since I have the custom version of NC5 I cannot tip roll - unfortunately.

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:13 AM Post #161 of 195
Wow - thank you so much for this post which is really helpful. May I ask you, too, if you heard all three side by side or is your comparison based on memory?

Since I have the custom version of NC5 I cannot tip roll - unfortunately.
I have reviewed both the NC5 v2 and Bella V2, working on the Bella V1 now. I don't have the Bella V2 with me but the other two are here, Bella V1 is with @superuser1.

Sep 6, 2019 at 6:29 AM Post #162 of 195
I have reviewed both the NC5 v2 and Bella V2, working on the Bella V1 now. I don't have the Bella V2 with me but the other two are here, Bella V1 is with @superuser1.
I may also steal the NC5v2 for a bit just to compare :D

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #164 of 195

You two are fabulous and exactly what we were all waiting for in this thread! :)

Really looking forward to your detailed comparison of the three!

But right now, after what you wrote, Bella V1 might in deed be what I am looking for!

Sep 6, 2019 at 8:48 AM Post #165 of 195
You two are fabulous and exactly what we were all waiting for in this thread! :)

Really looking forward to your detailed comparison of the three!

But right now, after what you wrote, Bella V1 might in deed be what I am looking for!

thanks for your kind words. I too concur with you, Bella V1 is an upgrade to the NC5 V2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back