NCM (Nguyen Custom Monitors) - Universal/Custom
Jun 27, 2019 at 9:45 AM Post #137 of 195
Thank you very much for the review from my side, too! :)

I am still wondering whether I would prefer the old V1 or new V2 version of Bella, since I love the general signature of my NC5.
Is there anybody who had listened to all three of them and compared directly? I would be especially interested in the differences in stage and micro detailing, because these are the only things a would want a little more with the NC5. Otherwise it is perfect for my taste. I am still wondering if the differences are really that small between NC5 and Bella V1? How much more apparent are the treble details on V2 vs V1 and how much stage does one actually suffer?

Jun 27, 2019 at 12:05 PM Post #138 of 195
Thank you very much for the review from my side, too! :)

I am still wondering whether I would prefer the old V1 or new V2 version of Bella, since I love the general signature of my NC5.
Is there anybody who had listened to all three of them and compared directly? I would be especially interested in the differences in stage and micro detailing, because these are the only things a would want a little more with the NC5. Otherwise it is perfect for my taste. I am still wondering if the differences are really that small between NC5 and Bella V1? How much more apparent are the treble details on V2 vs V1 and how much stage does one actually suffer?

As already said, I like a lot NC5v2 sound too, so was thinking about Bellas v1 & v2 these days. Due to the fact I love NC5 DD's bass and don't wanna lose it if upgrading to Bellas, I think I'd opt better for v1 (it can be similar to NC5, but the 4 more BAs should add some detail and body to mids, as well as some detail and extension to highs at least). It's a shame to not have the opportunity to try them to compare properly, but Bellas v2 review makes me think that I would not like sound signature as much.

Jun 27, 2019 at 11:38 PM Post #139 of 195
As already said, I like a lot NC5v2 sound too, so was thinking about Bellas v1 & v2 these days. Due to the fact I love NC5 DD's bass and don't wanna lose it if upgrading to Bellas, I think I'd opt better for v1 (it can be similar to NC5, but the 4 more BAs should add some detail and body to mids, as well as some detail and extension to highs at least). It's a shame to not have the opportunity to try them to compare properly, but Bellas v2 review makes me think that I would not like sound signature as much.

I think we have exacly the same thoughts. ☺️

Me, too, from what I read I am tending more towards Bella V1 as an upgrade. Because I don’t want to change the overall tonality of the NC5 that I really love!
Though reading about details in V2 sounds promising.
Having used NC5 for 6 months now and having compared it to many other earphones I can say that some more details (and maybe a little „airier“ stage) is all I am wishing to upgrade. If I compare it to the Oriolus with the same driver configuration, for example, Oriolus clearly wins in treble extension and details (even if it is said that this is not Oriolus strongest point).
So I‘d love to know in what way the Bellas (either V1 and V2) improve the details (is it Andromeda level, for example?)...

In any way, after 6 months I am still thinking Thomas has an amazing ear for tuning earphones, so I am sure both, V1 and V2 are great! :)

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:02 AM Post #140 of 195
I think we have exacly the same thoughts. ☺️

Me, too, from what I read I am tending more towards Bella V1 as an upgrade. Because I don’t want to change the overall tonality of the NC5 that I really love!
Though reading about details in V2 sounds promising.
Having used NC5 for 6 months now and having compared it to many other earphones I can say that some more details (and maybe a little „airier“ stage) is all I am wishing to upgrade. If I compare it to the Oriolus with the same driver configuration, for example, Oriolus clearly wins in treble extension and details (even if it is said that this is not Oriolus strongest point).
So I‘d love to know in what way the Bellas (either V1 and V2) improve the details (is it Andromeda level, for example?)...

In any way, after 6 months I am still thinking Thomas has an amazing ear for tuning earphones, so I am sure both, V1 and V2 are great! :)
I had the Andro S in the past. And have Bella V2 now. Yes Bella V2 has the same amount of detail as Andro which is saying a lot IMHO. With the DD the Bella V2 of course has more bass impact.

Jun 28, 2019 at 12:40 AM Post #141 of 195
I had the Andro S in the past. And have Bella V2 now. Yes Bella V2 has the same amount of detail as Andro which is saying a lot IMHO. With the DD the Bella V2 of course has more bass impact.

Cool, thank you! Very helpful post!

Jun 28, 2019 at 1:56 AM Post #142 of 195

Dude send them over my way already...

-Collin-

Jun 28, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #143 of 195
Jun 28, 2019 at 3:32 AM Post #144 of 195
Though i haven't heard Bella V1, having heard the V2 and the NC5v2, in my opinion, the V1 would be closer sound signature wise and a direct upgrade to the NC5v2.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2019 at 1:38 PM Post #145 of 195
Hey @SeeSax, Bella V2s will be at your door on Wednesday. Selfishly the only reason I am sending them to you is that I trust your take on them and also you have some outstanding IEMs that will allow you to compare profiles.

Be gentle! Remember the sound signature is more front seat fun and not back seat fun!

Mark

Jul 1, 2019 at 2:02 PM Post #146 of 195
Hey @SeeSax, Bella V2s will be at your door on Wednesday. Selfishly the only reason I am sending them to you is that I trust your take on them and also you have some outstanding IEMs that will allow you to compare profiles.

Be gentle! Remember the sound signature is more front seat fun and not back seat fun!

Mark

Thanks! I will listen to them while in the backseat for proper balance.

-Collin-

Jul 4, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #147 of 195
@SLC1966 is walking the streets of Paris with a baguette in his hand and probably Earsonics in the other, but the Bella arrived to me today so I've had a change to listen to these gems. Overall, I'm definitely impressed. The sound is more balanced than I anticipated and somehow @thomaskr has managed to use each component to the best of their abilities. The dynamic driver provides the air movement and sub-bass rumble that balanced armatures struggle with, yet in no way does it bleed into the mids. In fact, I hear a small dip or roll off in the mid-bass which creates a very clean stage for the mids and vocals to shine. Soundstage is not massively out of your head wide or deep, but evenly proportioned for a very accurate and natural listen. Separation is top notch and I can very clearly hear the different instruments and vocals in complex tracks. Everything is quick, precise and clarity is extremely high. Moving up to the upper mids and treble, there is definitely some energy and excitement here. Treble definitely has some sparkle, but I don't think these will be too "hot" for anyone. Keep in mind I love me some sparkly treble and have never found an IEM that I couldn't enjoy from too much treble. These are definitely on the sparkly side, with great extension up top. I guess in non-scientific terms and without measurements, my ears tell me this is a "W" shaped signature where bass is slightly enhanced (and lovely!), forward mids and energetic treble.

For comparisons, these are much more balanced than my Legend X or Hyla TE-5B. Those are bass monsters and this is a more refined, mature tuning. This tuning actually reminds me a bit of my JVC FW10000 with the energetic mids and treble, but still commanding DD bass that reaches very deep. I would say my U18T are slightly more balanced top to bottom, but these are more fun and exciting. It's a perfect does of fun and neutrality for me. I think I need a pair.

Other things worth mentioning is that despite the size, these fit incredibly well in my ears and they're very light and comfortable. I feel like I could wear them all day. I should note that Mark provided me with a Rhapsodio SG 2.98 8-wire cable and the pairing seems wonderful. I'm going to try a 1960 2-wire shortly when I find the time as well. I would say a cable on the warmer side will benefit these given that the clarity is already so high. I'm very impressed overall and they are gorgeous to look at:

IMG_8117.JPG

-Collin-

Jul 4, 2019 at 10:32 AM Post #148 of 195
@SLC1966 is walking the streets of Paris with a baguette in his hand and probably Earsonics in the other, but the Bella arrived to me today so I've had a change to listen to these gems. Overall, I'm definitely impressed. The sound is more balanced than I anticipated and somehow @thomaskr has managed to use each component to the best of their abilities. The dynamic driver provides the air movement and sub-bass rumble that balanced armatures struggle with, yet in no way does it bleed into the mids. In fact, I hear a small dip or roll off in the mid-bass which creates a very clean stage for the mids and vocals to shine. Soundstage is not massively out of your head wide or deep, but evenly proportioned for a very accurate and natural listen. Separation is top notch and I can very clearly hear the different instruments and vocals in complex tracks. Everything is quick, precise and clarity is extremely high. Moving up to the upper mids and treble, there is definitely some energy and excitement here. Treble definitely has some sparkle, but I don't think these will be too "hot" for anyone. Keep in mind I love me some sparkly treble and have never found an IEM that I couldn't enjoy from too much treble. These are definitely on the sparkly side, with great extension up top. I guess in non-scientific terms and without measurements, my ears tell me this is a "W" shaped signature where bass is slightly enhanced (and lovely!), forward mids and energetic treble.

For comparisons, these are much more balanced than my Legend X or Hyla TE-5B. Those are bass monsters and this is a more refined, mature tuning. This tuning actually reminds me a bit of my JVC FW10000 with the energetic mids and treble, but still commanding DD bass that reaches very deep. I would say my U18T are slightly more balanced top to bottom, but these are more fun and exciting. It's a perfect does of fun and neutrality for me. I think I need a pair.

Other things worth mentioning is that despite the size, these fit incredibly well in my ears and they're very light and comfortable. I feel like I could wear them all day. I should note that Mark provided me with a Rhapsodio SG 2.98 8-wire cable and the pairing seems wonderful. I'm going to try a 1960 2-wire shortly when I find the time as well. I would say a cable on the warmer side will benefit these given that the clarity is already so high. I'm very impressed overall and they are gorgeous to look at:

-Collin-

Hi!

Thanks a lot for your impressions! Thomas told me that you have also reviewed V1? So what are your impressions concerning Bella V1 vs V2?

:)

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #149 of 195
Hi!

Thanks a lot for your impressions! Thomas told me that you have also reviewed V1? So what are your impressions concerning Bella V1 vs V2?

:)

Unfortunately I have not heard the V1. Thomas must have me confused with some other completely lost audio addict :)

-Collin-

Sep 5, 2019 at 10:20 PM Post #150 of 195
I got a loaner Bella v1.... IMO it needs substantial amount of burn in. WIll keep you guys posted.

IMG_20190906_082403.jpg
10348492.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back