NC Meet: Chapel Hill, NC February Meet
Feb 7, 2008 at 6:49 AM Post #91 of 109
Hello Chapel Hell! (at least for a month)

Looking forward to the meet! This poor boy is goin to bring his stuff. As I said prev_ly, I run comp sound! Thus, got a few ques_n! Transport for the beast? and ACK!(cable need). What are the limits of CD? Can I bring whatever? If I hav ta bring my comp, someone is goina put me up and buy me a keg a beer! Oh! wait, someone is going to buy me a keg, anyway!, after what just happened!!!
This has the potent_l to be a rally great weekend! The rub is ON!!!
I can bring a spankin new 980H, but it ani't broke, yet! It's close to the dig 404, with limited listen. But, I don't wanna. If somebody asks really nice, I might recon_er. Is this all we got? so be it. Cables have.

I am your crazy man

slipkid
tongue.gif

Feb 7, 2008 at 11:55 AM Post #92 of 109
Getting close. Let me know if you have any questions....

Also, keep your eye on the first post for information and possible changes (not that I'm anticipating any) but keep your eye there and check that post before you leave.

Remember: Bring your own cables/power cords/power strips if and when you can, we'll need them.

Also I recommend bringing burned copies of your favorite CDs, that way if you leave one or forget it, it's no big deal.

Cheers fellas, I'm stoked!

Feb 7, 2008 at 8:46 PM Post #93 of 109
Ah crap, I completely forgot to send Stephen my cable to raffle. So, if you guys are interested here's what I propose, raffle off this picture:

89467381.jpg

The winner gets their choice of a 4" or 6" mini-mini shipped to them within a week.

Sorry for being late to the party.

Nate

Feb 8, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #94 of 109
I am fairly certain that I will come.

I'll bring...

-AKG K340
-Sony MDR-CD3000 w/cotton fabric installed over drivers to shelf down high treble response
-Sony MDR-CD900ST
-Sony ECR-500 (the electret late 70s/early 80s unit)
-Sony MDR-V6 (special Sony employee award version in gunmetal grey)
-Sony MDR-7506 w/Beyer pads
-Beyer DT880 - 2003 Edition - w/modification to linearize treble response

Note: The ECR-500 will not have amplification. If someone wants to bring a high quality 2 channel speaker amp(the ECR-500 will not work on a headphone amp) with a balance control(one channel has about a 2dB level change -- this is an old headphone), I'll gladly set it up. This is a mint condition unit and I use it only for display - so please treat it nicely.
smily_headphones1.gif

Chris

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #95 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by searchenabler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Note: The ECR-500 will not have amplification. If someone wants to bring a high quality 2 channel speaker amp(the ECR-500 will not work on a headphone amp) with a balance control(one channel has about a 2dB level change -- this is an old headphone), I'll gladly set it up. This is a mint condition unit and I use it only for display - so please treat it nicely.
smily_headphones1.gif

Chris

Chris, my Signature 30.2 should be an excellent mate for the electrostats. 30 watts of pure SLA batter-powered bliss. Any of the Pass amps would also do the job. I'd love to hear them through my rig, so feel free to introduce yourself. I'll be the one with K1000 sticking out like Dumbo ears, riding over grey temples (likely one of the few grey-hairs at the event)
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: The Sig 30.2 does not have a balance control.

Kent

Feb 8, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #96 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by searchenabler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am fairly certain that I will come.

I'll bring...

-AKG K340
-Sony MDR-CD3000 w/cotton fabric installed over drivers to shelf down high treble response
-Sony MDR-CD900ST
-Sony ECR-500 (the electret late 70s/early 80s unit)
-Sony MDR-V6 (special Sony employee award version in gunmetal grey)
-Sony MDR-7506 w/Beyer pads
-Beyer DT880 - 2003 Edition - w/modification to linearize treble response

smily_headphones1.gif

Chris

Glad you're coming, the more the merrier!

24 hours to go (less than really)
smily_headphones1.gif

PM me if you still have questions or need directions and what not. Also everyone please keep your eyes on the first post before you leave.

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:45 AM Post #101 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by swoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm a 100% going. i'll be late though. i should be there around 2, save me a space!

i'm really stoked about hearing those CD3000s. i'll say that.

Okay. But do realize, the earpads and headband have seen better days -- they are worn out, and I have not replaced them because it seemed a waste to me to get the same low quality OEM Sony parts that will just wear out every 3 years. I am looking for a leather worker that can produce a professional quality replica of the Sony pads out of a high grade lamb skin or similar.

-Chris

Feb 9, 2008 at 5:47 AM Post #102 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Chris, my Signature 30.2 should be an excellent mate for the electrostats. 30 watts of pure SLA batter-powered bliss. Any of the Pass amps would also do the job. I'd love to hear them through my rig, so feel free to introduce yourself. I'll be the one with K1000 sticking out like Dumbo ears, riding over grey temples (likely one of the few grey-hairs at the event)
rolleyes.gif

EDIT: The Sig 30.2 does not have a balance control.

Kent

Sounds good. I just realized, I have a passive attenuator box for some odd and end applications that I can bring; it can be connected between the source and amplifier to use as a balance compensation. Hope you have a source as well - I am only bringing headphones.

-Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back