NC Meet: Chapel Hill, NC February Meet
Feb 2, 2008 at 6:25 AM Post #76 of 109
MANAOX2

Slam will be there, with all its tube glory! Ole cable if you like, although I fear it has passed(seen) its day. I run my foo thru a 404 (analog side moded before goin) dig out to an Ack! Dak, but it will be stay where it lays, The Ack! can come, if it likes, but what feeds it and me/better half is up to you/me! I fear the connecting cables(coax) will feel left out, so they can come too! if you like!
Thanks for the comp!
A physical addy would be nice, as I haven't been on that side a the block since my last build job(NeuroSyc) on the hill. A long time ago! Hopein to bring my brother/half if he's in town as I know they will enjoy! and we will stay overnight at there palace!!!(Wendell)

I wish my dentist would say the same thing about my teeth. jk

Slipkid
Slippin out to the music!!!

Feb 2, 2008 at 8:34 AM Post #77 of 109
I just finalized getting a pair of Stax Gamma's from a guy on eBay, so with luck I should have them in time for the meet so I can bring them with me so there can be multiple electrostatics at the meet along with my SR-202's.

I mean that is as long as you guys are interested that is.

Feb 3, 2008 at 7:32 AM Post #78 of 109
i'm down. if you will have me. and if i can make it. 70/30 towards going at this point.

i'll bring:

stello hp100/da100
macbook
maybe my sony cd player that everyone got when it was cheap and refurbished. i guess i should bring this as i don't really ever use the usb thing on the dac.

phones:

grado 225 with liberators
senn 650s.

Feb 3, 2008 at 2:11 PM Post #79 of 109
So are we doing the 9th. I cant seem to find the actual post with date.
I can bring Balanced cables both headphoen and interconnects, forgot who asked for those. I can bring some electrostats, who ever asked for that as well. What else? I have to much junk to list everything but hit my website and let me know what you want to hear. I have too much stuff to list everything.
Will bring 3 mni amps for a shoot out. Headamp Pico & AE-2 and the iQube.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 3, 2008 at 10:51 PM Post #80 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by drubrew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So are we doing the 9th. I cant seem to find the actual post with date.
I can bring Balanced cables both headphoen and interconnects, forgot who asked for those. I can bring some electrostats, who ever asked for that as well. What else? I have to much junk to list everything but hit my website and let me know what you want to hear. I have too much stuff to list everything.
Will bring 3 mni amps for a shoot out. Headamp Pico & AE-2 and the iQube.

Hi Drew & others. Thrice updated the first post on this thread with all the details (copy and pasted below).

Yes, it is the 9th (location and time are in the first post).

I had expressed interest in electrostats, only because I have never heard them, and know that good electrostats and K1000s are often regarded by headfiers as top-of-the-line for sonics.

Re: balanced cable. My Wadia has balanced outs, so it can drive single-end and balanced at the same time. This would allow us to put a balanced K1000 amp (like an F1), side by side with the 30.2. So yes, having a good set of balanced ICs might come in handy.

Note: Thrice (Stephen) reminds all to bring power cables and power strips. This point is probably worth repeating.

Here are the details from Post 1 of this thread...

Chapel Hill, NC Marriott Residence Inn

The meet will be held in the smaller meeting room at the Chapel Hill, Residence Inn on Erwin Road. It's easily accessible from I-40 or 15/501.

Here's a small pic of the meeting room we'll get:

Time: 10am-5pm Saturday February 9th 2008

Price: The room is going to cost $200 plus tax. Cash contributions for the room are appreciated but not mandatory.

Attendees/Gear: (PM me if you're coming and also list your gear...you can also post same in this thread)

thrice (Rockhopper Audio)
CKKIII (thrice)
Balanced Beta22 (thrice)
First Watt F1 (thrice)
HD600 (thrice)
ATH-W3000 (thrice; those are W100 housings with L3000 drivers inside)
Twisted Pear Opus DAC (thrice)
Rega P1 TT with Pass Labs Pearl Phono; hopefully finished (thrice)
Super-mega-rare Orange Pico. It's Orange!

Drew from Moon Audio
Pico
iQube
AE-2
Various Dragon cables!

Packgrog
- Modded XBox with XBox Media Center and spdif output
- iRiver H120
- Monica 2 DAC (for use with either of the above)
- Cowon A2
- Ray Samuels Tomahawk
- Future Sonics Atrio m5
- Beyerdynamic DT250-80

manaox2
Headphones: SAA Equinox HD650, ALO woodied & silver recabled SR60, KSC75
Amps: LISA III, TTVJ Millet Hybrid
Sources: 5.5g iMod w/ vCap dock, 1g iPod shuffle, ECHO Indigo (also an amp/DAC)

gates_2 (+2)
Beta 22 preamp--->first watt F2--->K1000

Alwayswantmore
K1000, Sig 30, and Wadia 830

Aphex944
Headphones:
AKG K 26 P, K 240 M, K 240 DF, K 270 S, K 271 S, K 501
Beyerdynamic DT 501, DT 660, DT 880(2005), DT 990(pre 2005)
Sources:
Modified Pioneer DV-563A
Two modified Music Hall CD25.2s
Amps:
6+ amps all designed and built by Sol(with various unique topologies)

Dondoh

tl_driver

johnmatrix

hekoman

BlackUtopia
ATH-AD2000

brotherlen

As always please try to bring your own ICs, power cords and power strips. There will be power strips and outlets available, but they may be limited in number... it never hurts to be prepared.

First time? Great!, we'd love to meet you. this will be my first NC meet and I'm eager to meet the NC crew. If you're new to Head-Fi and the meet experience here are a few tips:

1) All are welcome, so feel free to come.

2) You don't need to bring gear to come. However, don't feel your gear is "too humble" to bring... this event is all about getting together and sharing our love of music and headphone related audio.

3) Bring cash. It never hurts to have $10-30 or so in your pocket for room fee donations/lunch... etc. While there may be a cash machine nearby, I've seen lots of people show up and realize...DAMNIT, I need some cash for lunch!

4) Check out the Tips for Newbies and FAQs from the NYC meet crew...good advice: NYC Head-Fi Regional Meet November 10, 2007

5) Keep an eye on this post for news and announcements related to the meet.

6) Go Heels!, beat Duke

Disclosure: My name is Stephen Katsaounis and I run Rockhopper Audio. i am planning this meet, but it is not a "Rockhopper Audio" event. Any and all manufacturers are welcome to attend or send gear.... I strongly encourage it! I will have Rockhopper Audio products on display.

PM me or post in this thread if you have ay questions.

Cheers,
Stephen (thrice)

Feb 4, 2008 at 3:43 AM Post #81 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by slipkid /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MANAOX2

Slam will be there, with all its tube glory! Ole cable if you like, although I fear it has passed(seen) its day. I run my foo thru a 404 (analog side moded before goin) dig out to an Ack! Dak, but it will be stay where it lays, The Ack! can come, if it likes, but what feeds it and me/better half is up to you/me! I fear the connecting cables(coax) will feel left out, so they can come too! if you like!
Thanks for the comp!
A physical addy would be nice, as I haven't been on that side a the block since my last build job(NeuroSyc) on the hill. A long time ago! Hopein to bring my brother/half if he's in town as I know they will enjoy! and we will stay overnight at there palace!!!(Wendell)

I wish my dentist would say the same thing about my teeth. jk

Slipkid
Slippin out to the music!!!

Thanks Slipkid! I can't wait to hear that beast. I don't have an S/PDIF out on my laptop and that is my only limitation. Thats ok about the olebach.

I've been itching to try the Stello line too!
Oh, a friend of mine is coming too now. This meet is getting bigger!

Feb 4, 2008 at 4:14 AM Post #83 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by osu1277 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
id like to come, but i dont have any gear whatsoever...

Then you definitely should. You can come and be like a kid touring the cigarette factory for the first time. All kinds of free samples.

Feb 4, 2008 at 2:38 PM Post #84 of 109
Stephen, correct this if this is not correct... I pulled this off the Web...

Residence Inn Chapel Hill
101 Erwin Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
Phone: 1-919-933-4848

The hotel is located just off I-40 and US Hwy 15/501

Feb 6, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #86 of 109
Like Jeff, I would love to attend, but I just can't make it.
We just bought a new house and I have to spend all free weekend time trying to get in it...
Man! I would love to hear some things and meet you folks, but it will have to wait until next time.

Thrice, pm me your paypal email and I would be honored to make a small contribution for the room even thought I can't make it.

I hope you all have a great time.

Feb 6, 2008 at 7:19 AM Post #87 of 109
spent all evening working on the first watt

GET PUMPED

Feb 6, 2008 at 3:02 PM Post #89 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Stephen, correct this if this is not correct... I pulled this off the Web...

Residence Inn Chapel Hill
101 Erwin Road
Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27514
Phone: 1-919-933-4848

The hotel is located just off I-40 and US Hwy 15/501

Yes that's correct.

Feb 7, 2008 at 1:25 AM Post #90 of 109
Man...I only live a couple of hours from Chapel Hill but I'm not free this weekend. The only stuff I could've brought, though, is my rig that is "frozen in time" from 2003: Philips 963SA / Corda HA-1 MkII / '03 DT880's.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back