NC Meet: Chapel Hill, NC February Meet
Jan 18, 2008 at 9:22 AM Post #46 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ok, I updated the first post. I'll go through this thread tomorrow and update the gear/attendees list.

Cheers,
thrice

Is anyone bringing electrostats?

Jan 18, 2008 at 11:23 PM Post #47 of 109
Count me in on the meet. However, I do not know what I will bring. Right now my koss estats are having channel imbalance issues and have to go back to KOSS. In addition, my um2s are broken. Both headphones have bad left channels! For awhile I thought my hearing was bad and even had it tested, until I heard a good set of phones. What are the odds. Two sets of headphones from two different sources.

Jan 21, 2008 at 4:32 PM Post #48 of 109
You can count me in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is anyone bringing electrostats?

I plan on bringing my STAX 2050A system that I just got. Also I can bring my STAX SR-40 eletrets if anyone wants to hear them.

I will also be bringing:
Yuin PK2
Zune 30GB
1G iPod 30GB

Jan 27, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #50 of 109
Thrice, we are down to less than two weeks. If you’re not on for this, let is know, because now is the time to work on a contingency plan. If we are on, please show us some love
tongue.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 1:36 AM Post #51 of 109
OK, gear list is filled out more.

I've been listening to a pair of K1000s I recabled for a friend via my First watt F1 and God damn. I don't have a lot of experience with the Redwine so I'm eager to hear that as well. This meet might turn into a big K1000 gathering. Someday I'll get my own pair
frown.gif

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, sorry for the delayed updates, this week and next are going to be slightly less crazy for me, so i'll update faster/more often.

It's not too late to possible get demo gear from other manufacturers as well...at least, I can try, so if there's something you want PM me and I'll do my best.

So spread the word! Get your friends here too. Music lovers should care about high quality playback... challenge them to come and learn! My boss is coming
eek.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 2:00 AM Post #52 of 109
sweet-

Just to let ya'll know, I'm probably going to have my complete K1000 rig up for sale(k1k+college life = does not work), if anyone is looking

Jan 28, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #54 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackUtopia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I will likely go and be contributing my AD2000's.

Glad to hear it. I haven't heard the AD2000 all that much so i look forward to it. I've been on an open dynamic headphone kick lately and those are on my shortlist to listen to.

Glad you can make it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 2:55 AM Post #55 of 109
Quote:

OK, gear list is filled out more.

I've been listening to a pair of K1000s I recabled for a friend via my First watt F1 and God damn. I don't have a lot of experience with the Redwine so I'm eager to hear that as well. This meet might turn into a big K1000 gathering. Someday I'll get my own pair
frown.gif

I'm looking forward to meeting all of you, sorry for the delayed updates, this week and next are going to be slightly less crazy for me, so i'll update faster/more often.

It's not too late to possible get demo gear from other manufacturers as well...at least, I can try, so if there's something you want PM me and I'll do my best.

So spread the word! Get your friends here too. Music lovers should care about high quality playback... challenge them to come and learn! My boss is coming
eek.gif

Glad to see the excitment for the meet. Will the F1 / K1000s be at the meet? If so, what cable?

Us K1000 owners get first dibs on the most quiet corner of the room
cool.gif

Jan 28, 2008 at 3:35 AM Post #58 of 109
Quote:

I don't actually own a pair of K1000 yet, but I'll have the Firstwatt there.

If Drew or someone else has an extra set of balanced ICs, my Wadia will have a spare set of balanced outs. The Wadia also acts as a preamp, so we could compare the F1 and Sig 30.2 run from the same source (but different ICs).

Jan 28, 2008 at 4:04 AM Post #59 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by grawk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No promises, but maybe I can swing this.

Sweet Dan, we'd be happy to have ya!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alwayswantmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If Drew or someone else has an extra set of balanced ICs, my Wadia will have a spare set of balanced outs. The Wadia also acts as a preamp, so we could compare the F1 and Sig 30.2 run from the same source (but different ICs).

Sounds like a plan. i have some spare balanced ICs, but they're nothing to write home about.

Jan 28, 2008 at 4:13 AM Post #60 of 109
it will be interesting to compare the F1 and the F2 - 2 seperate balanced/unbalanced rigs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back