NC Meet: Chapel Hill, NC February Meet
Dec 20, 2007 at 2:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 109

thrice

Member of the Trade:Rockhopper Audio
Details:

OK, sorry I haven't updated this thread recently...here are the details:

[size=medium]Location:[/size]

Chapel Hill, NC Marriott Residence Inn

The meet will be held in the smaller meeting room at the Chapel Hill, Residence Inn on Erwin Road. It's easily accessible from I-40 or 15/501.

Here's a small pic of the meeting room we'll get:
rduhl_phototour22.jpg

[size=medium]Time: 10am-5pm Saturday February 9th 2008[/size]

[size=x-small]Price: The room is going to cost $200 plus tax. Cash contributions for the room are appreciated but not mandatory.[/size]

[size=medium]Attendees/Gear[/size]: (PM me if you're coming and also list your gear...you can also post same in this thread)

[size=x-small]thrice (Rockhopper Audio)[/size]
CKKIII (thrice)
Balanced Beta22 (thrice)
First Watt F1 (thrice)
HD600 (thrice)
ATH-W3000 (thrice; those are W100 housings with L3000 drivers inside)
Twisted Pear Opus DAC (thrice)
Rega P1 TT with Pass Labs Pearl Phono; hopefully finished
wink.gif
(thrice)
Super-mega-rare Orange Pico. It's Orange!

[size=x-small]Drew from Moon Audio[/size]
Pico
iQube
AE-2
Various Dragon cables!

[size=x-small]Packgrog[/size]
- Modded XBox with XBox Media Center and spdif output
- iRiver H120
- Monica 2 DAC (for use with either of the above)
- Cowon A2
- Ray Samuels Tomahawk
- Future Sonics Atrio m5
- Beyerdynamic DT250-80

[size=x-small]manaox2[/size]
Headphones: SAA Equinox HD650, ALO woodied & silver recabled SR60, KSC75
Amps: LISA III, TTVJ Millet Hybrid
Sources: 5.5g iMod w/ vCap dock, 1g iPod shuffle, ECHO Indigo (also an amp/DAC)

[size=x-small]gates_2 (+2)[/size]
Beta 22 preamp--->first watt F2--->K1000

[size=x-small]Alwayswantmore[/size]
K1000, Sig 30, and Wadia 830

[size=x-small]Aphex944[/size]
Headphones:
AKG K 26 P, K 240 M, K 240 DF, K 270 S, K 271 S, K 501
Beyerdynamic DT 501, DT 660, DT 880(2005), DT 990(pre 2005)
Sources:
Modified Pioneer DV-563A
Two modified Music Hall CD25.2s
Amps:
6+ amps all designed and built by Sol(with various unique topologies)

[size=x-small]Dondoh[/size]

[size=x-small]tl_driver[/size]

[size=x-small]johnmatrix[/size]

[size=x-small]hekoman[/size]

[size=x-small]BlackUtopia[/size]
ATH-AD2000

[size=x-small]brotherlen[/size]

As always please try to bring your own ICs, power cords and power strips. There will be power strips and outlets available, but they may be limited in number... it never hurts to be prepared.

First time? Great!, we'd love to meet you. this will be my first NC meet and I'm eager to meet the NC crew. If you're new to Head-Fi and the meet experience here are a few tips:

1) All are welcome, so feel free to come.

2) You don't need to bring gear to come. However, don't feel your gear is "too humble" to bring... this event is all about getting together and sharing our love of music and headphone related audio.

3) Bring cash. It never hurts to have $10-30 or so in your pocket for room fee donations/lunch... etc. While there may be a cash machine nearby, I've seen lots of people show up and realize...DAMNIT, I need some cash for lunch!

4) Check out the Tips for Newbies and FAQs from the NYC meet crew...good advice: NYC Head-Fi Regional Meet November 10, 2007

5) Keep an eye on this post for news and announcements related to the meet.

6) Go Heels!, beat Duke
wink.gif

Disclosure: My name is Stephen Katsaounis and I run Rockhopper Audio. i am planning this meet, but it is not a "Rockhopper Audio" event. Any and all manufacturers are welcome to attend or send gear.... I strongly encourage it! I will have Rockhopper Audio products on display.

PM me or post in this thread if you have ay questions.

Cheers,
Stephen (thrice)

Dec 20, 2007 at 3:16 PM Post #3 of 109
As said in the previous thread, February (either date) works much better for me since I'll be moving into a new house in late January.

Dec 21, 2007 at 3:42 PM Post #6 of 109
Is there any gear people want to see at the meet. There are some calls for Moon Audio gear and I will contact Drew about that...but anything else?

RSA Predator?
Headamp Pico?
Headroom gear?
Singlepower gear?
Something else?

I might try to see if we can get someone from Cary Audio to come as well...what with them being just a hop, skip and jump away.

Dec 21, 2007 at 11:04 PM Post #9 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is there any gear people want to see at the meet. There are some calls for Moon Audio gear and I will contact Drew about that...but anything else?

RSA Predator?
Headamp Pico?
Headroom gear?
Singlepower gear?
Something else?

I might try to see if we can get someone from Cary Audio to come as well...what with them being just a hop, skip and jump away.

Definitely the Pico..., predator would be interesting. Otherwise I'm mostly interested in Desktop equipment.

Dec 28, 2007 at 11:22 PM Post #12 of 109
I was just thinking that if this poll had a third option for people who could come on either day we could have an idea of what kind of attendance to expect by the number of votes.

I'm really interested in hearing something better than my current setup which is the best sound I've heard so far. I know it gets way better so I'm really excited. Will there just be open tables where people can setup or do you have to bring/reserve one? Not sure how it works. This will be my first meet.

Dec 29, 2007 at 5:40 PM Post #13 of 109
Quote:

Originally Posted by Elk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was just thinking that if this poll had a third option for people who could come on either day we could have an idea of what kind of attendance to expect by the number of votes.

I'm really interested in hearing something better than my current setup which is the best sound I've heard so far. I know it gets way better so I'm really excited. Will there just be open tables where people can setup or do you have to bring/reserve one? Not sure how it works. This will be my first meet.

Well, I'm looking forward to hearing the wooaudio 6. I have never heard a tube amp and I hear they can synergize well with the HD650.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back