NBA Playoffs!
Jun 5, 2011 at 8:25 AM Post #511 of 827
I'm also rooting for the Mavs, but ultimately after game 7, I reckon Heat are gonna take it. Thus far, Heat offense has been too good, while Mav's D tbh hasn't been great. Looking at game 2, we gotta stop Jason Terry from doing stop drives to the hole, where he just gets swiped in the paint or just does stupid T.O. Dwade has also been a big problem. Flash is too fast and has got some pretty high bball IQ, finding driving lanes or taking hits. Mavs are just giving him too much space.

Another threat that posed on the Mavs are the many Pick and Rolls the Heat can set for their big 3. Guys have a look at nbaplaybook on youtube, the guy does a great job at analyzing and breaking down crucial game plays.

Mavs need to play better D. Stop giving T.O, which killed us. Heat's fast break is just too good. I reckon, if the Mavs can slow down the tempo and stop giving driving lanes then Mavs have a chance to win.

What do you guys think??

Jun 5, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #512 of 827
Miami's stellar defense overshadows some of their offensive deficiencies.  To be honest, the Heat half-court offense could be better.  When they can't get easy points in transition, they struggle a bit.  As you said, the fast break is their moneymaker, they have the best passers and finishers in the business.  Mavs have a tough time defending their fast break, so they should nip it in the bud, and limit Miami's running opportunities as much as possible.  Reduce stupid turnovers, and go all out for offensive rebounds, even if it means not getting back for transition defense.  Their transition D is ineffective anyway.  Bottom line, stop Miami from running and keep them in their half-court offense.

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #515 of 827
mitos /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you guys think??

To me, the key to the series has always been the Dallas offense vs Heat defense. Can the Mavericks be efficient enough there to counter Miami's athleticism. Look at the first two games as an example. The Heat scored 92 & 93; not that much of a difference. Dallas however scored 84 then 95. Put the ball in the hole. The Heat can't run. Don't turnover the ball. The Heat can't run. Keep the game close. Put pressure on the Heat to execute offensively.

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:56 AM Post #516 of 827
Quote:
I completely agree, flopping is really off-putting and something I wish was in the game less. It's the reason I cannot bring myself to watch soccer. I just found it odd that you'd single out a single Wade action (where I don't even think he was attempting to flop at all, just frustration) in a game where Barea was playing is all.

Well that's because I only watched the highlights, missed the game because of my stupid DVR.  

Here's a video of it: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pglgr5O6jJE

Here's another Heat actor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkBjuVGbb4

Two of the best.

Jun 5, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #517 of 827

Quote:
I think NBA politics is going to make that happen...

It's an interesting question, who would the NBA prefer to see win the championship?  And would refs make calls to influence the outcome of the series?

I would think first off, the league would like to see a long series, for the extra revenue.  Secondly, NBA commish David Stern was known to have disapproved of the way Lebron left Cleveland, and the formation of the superfriends.  He might not want to see the Heat win.  Otoh, Stern and Mark Cuban are not on the best of terms, Cuban's been fined $$$'s for his comments about the league and officiating.  It would probably burn Stern to let Cuban win the title.

(Just having some fun, I don't really buy into the conspiracy theories...)

Jun 5, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #518 of 827

Quote:
Quote:

Well that's because I only watched the highlights, missed the game because of my stupid DVR.  

Here's a video of it: 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pglgr5O6jJE

Here's another Heat actor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIkBjuVGbb4

Two of the best.

Yeah, I remember that LeBron one, it was stupid by him (or smart, however you want to look at it). That being said, my point is that I still don't find it fair to single out Lebron and Wade when it happens in every team in every game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpNFR9AMlI8

And some goodies from Barea, all in the same game I believe too >.>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FGkIp8Va58

Jun 5, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #519 of 827
You're right in general, but those two benefit from ALOT of flops.  So I do sort of single them out.  Barea is an actor though.  

Just watched a super flop at the end of the first half by Wade.  A loose ball foul on Jason Kidd apparently.  
rolleyes.gif

Jun 5, 2011 at 10:50 PM Post #521 of 827
Well he did play for the Raptors
tongue.gif

Great win for the Heat on the road. Credit to Dallas, thought they did well to keep in it in those few times Miami took over. It looks like even if they lose it will go down to the wire in game 7, they don't give up. Expecting an awesome next few games.

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:17 PM Post #522 of 827
Great win by the Heat indeed. That was a gem of a game. Both teams left it all out on the floor. In the end, La Heatba was better defensively than Dallas offensively, and that was the difference. How the Heat are able to get away with those traps, is remarkable. Their rotations on defense are so good when Chalmers in on the floor. 

Big D has a lot of work to do now. They must win the next two. Drop one, and the fat lady will hear her queue. 

lbj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's an interesting question, who would the NBA prefer to see win the championship?  And would refs make calls to influence the outcome of the series?

The Heat are the easy answer. Superstar teams like that move the needle and draw all the front runner, t-shirt fans to the sport. 

I think the conspiracy theories are idiotic. There is one word I'll throw out - Spurs. The finals that involved San Antonio, were some of the lowest rated since the pre Bird/Johnson era. They played boring ball from a small market, yet somehow the NBA let them win four trophies in ten years. Stern must have taken those years off. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #524 of 827
I'm pulling for the Heat but was rooting for Dirk (the flopMASTER but now he's more of a contortionist) to make that last shot, I just wanted to see some OT it was such a good game. Dirk's the best player on the floor but the Heat have more talent overall.

I do subscribe to certain referee/league/tv revenue conspiracy collusion theories, but mainly to the fact that nobody wants a short series, there's just too much $ on the table. The tendency, whether conscious or not, is to extend the series at all costs; especially in the finals unless you're a part of the team leading the series. I thought the Heat had to overcome some questionable calls down the stretch in a game that featured mediocre officiating at best tonight. Those two calls against Bosch and Haslem with a little over three to go that sent Dirk to the line both times (what a shooter, free throws or not) are particularly good examples. 

Having said that, after watching the Canuck's brilliant breakaway goal in the shortest sudden death overtime in Stanley Cup finals history last night (not a hockey fan, but I happened to turn on the TV right at the beginning of OT), then another stellar French Open men's finals matchup between perennial superstar rivals Nadal and Federer (my favorite spectator sports are the NBA playoffs and grand slam tennis) early this morning, this was a fitting way to end the best 24-hour period of sporting voyeurism I've experienced in years even without the OT. Cheers!
beerchug.gif

Jun 5, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #525 of 827
Sigh....I guess I'm going to hear the media (and almost everyone) talk about how the Heat will win this 4-1 for the next couple of days.

Not that I'm taking any credit away from the Heat for winning this game. That was damn good defense without fouling from Haslem.

Although.....now you have to start wondering how the game would've turned out that backcourt violation was called on Chalmers...... Then again, that was just one of the many questionable calls (and no-calls?) on that game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back