NBA Playoffs!
Jun 3, 2011 at 2:24 AM Post #481 of 827
I really thought it was going into OT, I couldn't believe how open they left Chalmers but then Dirk breezed in for a layup against the Heat's vaunted 4th quarter close-out defense and that was that.

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:08 AM Post #483 of 827

Quote:
Speaking of weak, anyone catch Wade falling down trying to draw the 3-shot foul after missing the last shot?

If that's classified as weak then 50% of the NBA players are weak. Barea jumps back/falls over/fakes getting hit whenever anyone so much as blows on him. Players do that all the time to try and draw a foul, I'd hardly call it weak on Wades behalf lol.

Jun 3, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #484 of 827
Mavs fan here since Dirk's rookie year. (Actually, maybe even as far back as the J-Kidd,J-Jackson,J-Mashburn days)

The gap between Game 1 and 2 was a very annoying time for me (and all Mavs fans, I imagine). All everyone talked about was how the Heat will sweep this series and win multiple consecutive championships.

Thank goodness the Mavs somehow found themselves during that final 6:20. Hopefully they can use that to fuel Games 4, 5, and 6.

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #485 of 827

Quote:

The gap between Game 1 and 2 was a very annoying time for me (and all Mavs fans, I imagine). All everyone talked about was how the Heat will sweep this series and win multiple consecutive championships.

I agree.  Overreaction among the fans and media, seems typical for game ones (see Heat's game 1 against Bulls).  I wonder now if the overreaction will go the other way?

Someone once said a series doesn't start until someone loses on their home floor.  Gentlemen, the series has begun.

Jun 3, 2011 at 9:38 AM Post #486 of 827
I really don't know how to feel after the game. Maybe it will springboard the Mavs. Maybe the Heat will simply adjust. They're not idiots,, and film will tell them they relied on jumpers and hero ball too much late. Also the Mavs brought more offense away from the baselines, which spread the floor better. One thing is for sure about Dallas. They have to win two in a row at sometime this series. It can't yo-yo and work out for them. And that is where the finals' 2-3-2 format could be a factor. 

That's why, they play the games. Anyone ever heard that before?

Jun 3, 2011 at 10:10 AM Post #487 of 827
Did you notice how after D Wade made that three to put Miami up 15, Lebron jumped around and mock punched his chest.  It looked to all the world like the Heat had an insurmountable lead.  I think that celebration sparked something in the Mavs.  Kinda reminiscent of Durant pantomiming the championship belt.  I'm starting to believe that no lead is safe against the Mavs.

What an earful JET must've gotten when Chalmers made that wide-open 3 off the inbounds pass.  That might have been the only Dallas miscue in the final 6 minutes.

Jun 3, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #488 of 827
Heh, I didn't notice Bron Bron. However I did catch D-Dubs' held shooting pose, which was typical Wade and characteristic of the Heat. This year when the Thunder were in cocaine city, Wade made a sick (well it was walking, but hey it is the NBA) spin move then dunk over Perkins. In the glory of the moment, he proceeded to go to center court and do the friggin' cabbage patch. It was hilarious. Anyone can youtube Wade + cabbage patch to see it. Anyway, the Heat lost that game too. 

Terry does have a little nutty in him also. My favorite part last night was when Gundy said, "what is Terry doing?!" In the clutch the fool was off his man face guarding Lebron James at mid-court. No wonder coaches like Carlisle don't have any hair left. 

Jun 3, 2011 at 1:09 PM Post #489 of 827
LOL I just searched d-wade's cabbage patch dance. I hate it when players celebrate made shots like that. IMO it's basically taunting your opponents, which I find to be unsporstsman-like conduct from men that kids emulate and idolize.

As for Terry leaving Chalmers wide open, I've been wondering if Kidd also should be blamed there? He was chasing one of the Heats players that was already headed towards where Terry was. Terry would've had to run through a screen to get to Chalmers. Regardless, that mental lapse could've cost the game.

The Heat team is too smart to make the same mistakes they did during that 6:20, so the Mavs better come 110% prepared on Sunday.

Jun 3, 2011 at 2:34 PM Post #490 of 827
Yeah that celebration was definitely premature on the part of James/Wade, and it definitely inspired the Mavs to their fantastic victory. Right around that moment I was thinking about how Spoelstra reminded me of Riley on the sidelines back in the Showtime era, very similar in demeanor and style. I think he will bring this lesson home for the Heat.

The interesting thing about Wade is how humble and deferential he can be when he's not in the "Heat" of competition. I've always liked DW, he seems like he would be a great teammate and for that reason as a Lakers fan I would trade Bryant for him straight up (in a heartbeat). 

Jun 3, 2011 at 8:29 PM Post #492 of 827
I've felt that way for years, ever since he ran Shaq out of SoCal and then when he raped that chambermaid. I'll always be a Lakers fan but he makes it hard sometimes. Screw Kobe.

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #494 of 827
At least his wife seems to be a royal bitch, I suppose they deserve each other. Too bad she likes to create discord amongst the team, I guess that's her sport. First Malone and now Gasol, counting Shaq that's at least three championships that the Bryants have cost the Lakers. I know Kobe's contributed in an irreplaceable way as a player but substitute Wade for Bryant and he's not so irreplaceable after all. The Lakers would probably have more titles, not to mention Shaq might have retired in purple and gold not kelly green if they had traded for Wade and kept Shaq back in the day.

Jun 3, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #495 of 827
Meh, I'm not going to get into this.  (Ok, ok, I just have to say, it wasn't rape.  She was a gold digger who saw an opportunity and took it.)

Another funny tidbit from yesterday's game I just remembered: Van Gundy made a comment sometime in the 4th, when the Mavs were down 12 or 15, that "remember Dallas made a comeback against the Thunder, but unfortunately this is a much better team."  Lol, JVG had to eat his words....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back