NBA Playoffs 09
May 27, 2009 at 1:31 AM Post #151 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by lutwey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
looks like nike/stern's topdogs are in trouble. no offense to orl/den fans. it has to be lbj vs kb in the finals. this might not happen again. this is our magic/bird jordan/barkley. if not atleast melo vs bron and not "michael jordan of turkey" vs kb/or melo or superman vs the ever developmental bynum.

btw shout out to trevor ariza....aka the poor man's scottie pippen. the 3rd best player in la just behind kb and pau

i agree with floyd expect for LK=melo lite......... an accidental overstatement, perhaps?
smily_headphones1.gif

Kleiza is actually a little bigger than Melo, so it was kind of an understatement. Kleiza is a very capable offensive player, he can score inside and out. So no, not really an overstatement at all. He's a similar player to Melo in size and style, just not as talented... hence the lite. If given the opportunity he could average about 17-19 PPG. Very underrated/unknown player and talent. Plus, he's Lithuanian, basketball is their national religion!
wink_face.gif

May 27, 2009 at 1:47 AM Post #153 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Makenshi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok maybe they don't. care to enlighten us of a current nba team with a deeper bench? i mean they almost got enough to start another team....

Portland Trailblazers for sure. They have a deep bench, probably the deepest in the league. They just need more experience.

The Lakers have a good starting five, but it gets rapidly thin after that. This is the starting five: Derek Fisher, Kobe Bryant, Trevor Ariza, Pau Gasol, and Andrew Bynum.

Here is the bench: Lamar Odom, Luke Walton, Sasha Vujacic, Jordan Farmar, Shannon Brown, Josh Powell, DJ Mbenga, Adam Morrison.

They could start another team with the Lakers bench - a D-League team.

May 27, 2009 at 2:22 AM Post #154 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DJ Mbenga, Adam Morrison.

Heh. This guy and JJ Redick battled for player of the year in college basketball. It's quite a different world in the big leagues.

And DJ Mbenga, he makes some pretty good dubstep.
wink.gif

May 27, 2009 at 3:08 AM Post #156 of 258
Just to think, the Knicks didn't even give Ariza a shot...
I think Charles Barkley said it best...the winner of the Magic/Cavs game tonight is gunna win it....the Magic go up 3-1, or the Cavs bring a 2-2 series tie back into Cleveland for a game 5....

May 27, 2009 at 3:11 AM Post #157 of 258
Plus Howard is going to miss the next game because he picked up his 6th technical foul of the playoffs. That's an automatic 1 game suspension.

May 27, 2009 at 3:40 AM Post #159 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Borat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
LOL at everyone that keeps insisting the Lakers have a deep bench just because Odom comes off of it. He is not that versatile despite what some might say. Yes, he is 6'11 and can rebound the ball and then dribble it up the floor, but he cannot shoot/spread the floor, post up, or defend the paint that well. You know, the things that win basketball games.

Umm have you been watching Odom play at all this year? He has a jumper now and can shoot the three. And he has always been known to be able to play the post. However, he really has not played that well against the Nuggets, and I would agree that the Lakers bench has really not been all that in the playoffs. Right now, I will have to concede that Denver really does look like the better team.

May 27, 2009 at 4:24 AM Post #160 of 258
The best part about Orlando in the finals, is Stan Van Gundy in the finals. I love the guy's pressers. It's akin to a therapy session, and all that I can think is that his wife must either be a really great listener or deaf.

May 27, 2009 at 4:30 AM Post #161 of 258
I can't believe the KG/Powe-less Celtics took the Magic to 7, and without LeBron's three in Game 2, Orlando would have swept the Cavs. It's all about the matchups!

It's a shame Jameer isn't healthy, I'd love to see what Orlando could do with him around... not that Alston isn't playing well

May 27, 2009 at 4:43 AM Post #163 of 258
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baba booey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just to think, the Knicks didn't even give Ariza a shot....

then the magic gave him away to take another ****** from the laker with a new hefty contract. beleive it or not lakers got him by trading maurice evans (a good athletic player but not ariza's caliber) and the cookie man him self.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back