Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Nov 2, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 22, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #46 of 76
I might try and get out that way. I have the Auris Euterpe and the Burson Stack with SparkOS op-amps that other might want to try out. Who knows what I'll have in house as review stuff at that point. Not sure what SWMBO has on our schedule, I'll look and post once I know for sure.

Oct 22, 2019 at 6:03 PM Post #47 of 76
Annette reports that we will be in attendance at Tom's abode on Nov 2.
Look forward to seeing y'all again. Can't pass-up the deviled eggs with homemade mayo.

Those headphones are beautiful, Brent. That cocobolo wood is gorgeous. Did you snag them at the ZMFestivus in Chicago?
Do they have a 3.5mm SE plug? I'd like to listen with my AK240/Oppo HA-2 portable rig :)

Last I heard from Chuck @pippen99 he was having trouble with his eyes, anyone heard from him lately?
Sorry Dick didn’t see the post earlier as Head-Fi only alerts you to so many threads at a time and Teresa and I just got back from Aruba so that’s the excuse I’m using ; ).
Thanks they are lookers for sure and I have them terminated in 4 pin XLR but with an adapter I can make it happen.
As for Chuck he said he has a condition that gives him double vision and can’t drive at the moment but haven’t heard anything else.
I hope nothing comes up and I can make it this time as it has been awhile and would be nice to see all again.

Oct 23, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #48 of 76
Sorry Dick didn’t see the post earlier as Head-Fi only alerts you to so many threads at a time and Teresa and I just got back from Aruba so that’s the excuse I’m using ; ).
Thanks they are lookers for sure and I have them terminated in 4 pin XLR but with an adapter I can make it happen.
As for Chuck he said he has a condition that gives him double vision and can’t drive at the moment but haven’t heard anything else.
I hope nothing comes up and I can make it this time as it has been awhile and would be nice to see all again.
No worries, mate. How was Aruba?

I traded PMs with Chuck, and he OKed me to post his comments here. FYI, friends ...

"I spent the weekend in the hospital. I had slurred speech, trouble swallowing and continued double vision. After two MRI, a CT scan and a gallons' worth of blood tests I have been diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. It is a nerve disorder that mainly affects the muscles in and around the head causing the above symptoms. I have been prescribed a medicine Mestinon that alleviates the symptoms but does not treat the disease. That from my poor understanding is forever. I see another neurologist in about ten days and may learn more than. Guess have been given lemons so I will just have to learn to make lemonade."

"No motor skills have been affected. The only impact on driving is the double vision. So far the drug I am on has not done much for that symptom. When I see the other neurologist we may have to switch to Prednisone which is a little more hardcore."

I speak for all when I say - we're thinking about you Chuck!

Oct 24, 2019 at 8:37 AM Post #49 of 76
Looks like SWMBO has to work so I am on my own that weekend. Might be a good time for a road trip.

I have Soundmagic HP1000, Campfire Cascades, the Euterpe, and Bursons that I'll throw in the car, along with a couple tube sets for the Euterpe. Also have the XD-05+, ifi Micro IDSD, xCAN, xDSD, and a ton of various budget iems I can bring if anyone has an interest in portable gear. Shoot me a note on iems and I'll throw whatever somebody wants to hear in.

Oct 24, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #50 of 76
Highly doubt I can make it, but I'll add it to the calendar just in case.

Had no clue this was happening and accidentally stumbled upon the thread via...other...places.

Oct 24, 2019 at 3:49 PM Post #51 of 76
Highly doubt I can make it, but I'll add it to the calendar just in case.

Had no clue this was happening and accidentally stumbled upon the thread via...other...places.
Now I really want a cheese coney !

Oct 24, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #52 of 76

I traded PMs with Chuck, and he OKed me to post his comments here. FYI, friends ...

"I spent the weekend in the hospital. I had slurred speech, trouble swallowing and continued double vision. After two MRI, a CT scan and a gallons' worth of blood tests I have been diagnosed with Myasthenia Gravis. It is a nerve disorder that mainly affects the muscles in and around the head causing the above symptoms. I have been prescribed a medicine Mestinon that alleviates the symptoms but does not treat the disease. That from my poor understanding is forever. I see another neurologist in about ten days and may learn more than. Guess have been given lemons so I will just have to learn to make lemonade."

"No motor skills have been affected. The only impact on driving is the double vision. So far the drug I am on has not done much for that symptom. When I see the other neurologist we may have to switch to Prednisone which is a little more hardcore."

Aruba was good as I wasn’t at work but was a bit humid as this is the rainy season for them all of 16” a year and the last time we went was in the spring and not as humid but it was still a fun time. As for Chuck i thought something was wrong when he didn’t show up in Chicago and am said to her the news. Teresa said she has had a few patients with it and though there is no cure she said it can be well managed with medication and I’m hoping so. Yes we are both thinking and hoping the best for him. Seems like forever since I’ve been down to see you guys I’m looking forward to it if nothing crazy happens at work but it has been crazy but lots of work is better than no work. I probably won’t be bringing a bunch of gear but definitely will have the Verites and a few others.

Oct 24, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #53 of 76
Good to see you guys will get to hear the Unision. I had to send my proto board back for another revision and have not received it back yet for my original Bifrost MB.

I wish I could make it.

Oct 26, 2019 at 11:52 AM Post #54 of 76

prayers up for Chuck, so sorry to read that!

Oct 26, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #55 of 76
The meet is only a week away. i just counted and we have 15-18 folks attending. This will make it one of the larger since i started hosting.

We have plenty of space for everyone, as for table space, I'll ask that if anyone has a portable table, please bring it. I have 2 portable tables in addition to all of my regular tables.

I'm thinking about making a beef-vegetable soup and some bread.

Oct 26, 2019 at 4:52 PM Post #56 of 76
Sounds yummy to me, thanks Tom!
I have resolved to make a batch of home-made chili this year, come hell or high water!

Oct 26, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #57 of 76
Sounds yummy to me, thanks Tom!
I have resolved to make a batch of home-made chili this year, come hell or high water!
Beef vegetable soup and Chili sounds good to me .

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #58 of 76
A package.

Package - smaller - for forum.jpg

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #59 of 76
Jeff,
I'm glad you got your amp before our meet. I'm looking forward to it.

Oct 29, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #60 of 76
There's more!

box - smaller.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back