Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Nov 2, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2019 at 10:54 AM Post #16 of 76
Didn’t go very well, my BP was 70/53 so I ended up in Vandy’s ER, for an unplanned 3 day stay. Ends up I severe anemia, feeling better, but their still trying to figure out why.
Holy Schiit ... you must have been like a zombie. Did you drive to Nashville in that condition?
So, what are they doing for you, Kevin?? Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Now I understand what you meant about Arizona's first game ... did you watch it? Mr. Tate had 450+ yards of total offense!

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:21 AM Post #17 of 76
Probably my favorite of all his albums, the first one I owned thanks to a tip from Whirlwind.
That was Joe's old band, with Eric Czar on bass, who I thought was a great blues bassist :)
I need to see him in concert.

Aug 31, 2019 at 11:56 AM Post #18 of 76
I need to see him in concert.
Go see him soon, Brent, while he still has the current band. They are excellent but aging.
https://jbonamassa.com/tour-dates/

Michael Rhodes, the bassist, is one of the most in-demand session players in Nashville.
He's always busy ... check out the list of who he's performed with ...
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Rhodes_(musician)

Reese Wynans just turned 70. Anton Fig is 67 and IMO an exceptional drummer.
We saw those guys + horns + back-up singers perform in Chattanooga and, I swear, Anton Fig has arms of steel :)

Last edited:
Aug 31, 2019 at 12:02 PM Post #19 of 76
Holy Schiit ... you must have been like a zombie. Did you drive to Nashville in that condition?
So, what are they doing for you, Kevin?? Hope you get to feeling better soon!

Now I understand what you meant about Arizona's first game ... did you watch it? Mr. Tate had 450+ yards of total offense!

I did, Tate’s the real deal, they were too sloppy and the Defense was atrocious, so it could be a long year. Hopefully Kentucky has a good year!

Aug 31, 2019 at 1:09 PM Post #20 of 76
Well, Kentucky's football program has been improving lately. Would be good to see 'em in the top 25.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:09 PM Post #22 of 76
Well work as got too busy for me to go to Vegas so if I don’t have to work I think I can make it down for the meet and I will have these in tow.
EEAC978A-F5CF-460D-A95B-088E048F9F09.jpeg

ZMF Verite Cocobolo they look sweet and sound just as good. If it is going to be pretty much the regulars probably won’t bring everything but if anyone wants to hear something that’s in my sig just let me know. As for Bourbon the New Riff is one I like a lot and have the Rye which I have yet to crack open. If @rmoody is coming I’ll bring the 16,17 and 18 Angels Envy Cast Strengths and a very small chance I might have a 19 but it is a outside chance so don’t count on it.

Oct 10, 2019 at 8:26 PM Post #23 of 76
Brent, glad you can make it. Though it is sad that you're missing Vegas.

Oct 10, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #24 of 76
Brent, glad you can make it. Though it is sad that you're missing Vegas.
Yes I love Vegas but it isn’t going anywhere. So more than likely I’ll be there.

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #25 of 76
Well work as got too busy for me to go to Vegas so if I don’t have to work I think I can make it down for the meet and I will have these in tow.
ZMF Verite Cocobolo they look sweet and sound just as good. If it is going to be pretty much the regulars probably won’t bring everything but if anyone wants to hear something that’s in my sig just let me know. As for Bourbon the New Riff is one I like a lot and have the Rye which I have yet to crack open. If @rmoody is coming I’ll bring the 16,17 and 18 Angels Envy Cast Strengths and a very small chance I might have a 19 but it is a outside chance so don’t count on it.

SWMBO and I are planning to be there! I don't have much whiskey wise, I'll find something to bring. Probably bring some deviled eggs made with homemade mayo. Keto friendly! Wait until you see how much weight I've lost. It's nutz.

Oct 11, 2019 at 10:05 AM Post #26 of 76
Annette reports that we will be in attendance at Tom's abode on Nov 2.
Look forward to seeing y'all again. Can't pass-up the deviled eggs with homemade mayo.

Those headphones are beautiful, Brent. That cocobolo wood is gorgeous. Did you snag them at the ZMFestivus in Chicago?
Do they have a 3.5mm SE plug? I'd like to listen with my AK240/Oppo HA-2 portable rig :)

Last I heard from Chuck @pippen99 he was having trouble with his eyes, anyone heard from him lately?

Oct 17, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #27 of 76
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone also, and will get with Thom on what food I should bring. I just purchased a Pass Labs headphone amplifier so hope to bring it, assuming everyone/anyone is interested in hearing it. I might as well bring my Ether 2s also.

HPA-1 cropped.jpg

At the first of the month I emailed the guys at Woo Audio about (eventually) receiving a set of the MySphere headphones to demo - at the time they had a pair but I wasn't then in a position to give them a listen. If anyone is interested, maybe I could call/write and see if they still have a pair available; if they do I could have them in time for the meet??? Thoughts? Interest?

I was talking to Doug at ecp today (he makes these),

ECP Copenhagen V.jpg

and he was extolling the virtues of the Senn HD 650s as well as the Focal Clear (or, the Focal Utopias). I've never heard either; if someone has them and wants to bring them I'd be interested in having a listen!

Oct 18, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #28 of 76
Dick, Scott, and Jeff. Glad y'all can make it.
Dick, I haven't heard anything from Chuck since the Louisville meet.
Scott, Deviled eggs sound great.
Jeff, Pass Amp should be great. I would love to compare it to my dynahi and Pass Speaker amp. The MySphere headphones sounds awesome. We had some Focal headphones at my last meet, hopefully someone will bring them this meet.

Oct 18, 2019 at 8:30 PM Post #30 of 76
hi Matt, I haven't seen you in years. It would be great to see you.

FYI, i have an extra bed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back