Nashville - Center Hill Lake: Whiskey-Fi / Head-Fi Meet: Nov 2, 2019
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 29, 2019 at 4:00 PM Post #61 of 76
I should bring these, yes?

partially open - smaller.jpg

Oct 29, 2019 at 4:21 PM Post #62 of 76
Jeff,
I'm glad you got your amp before our meet. I'm looking forward to it.
I'll need to make an inventory now of what to bring! I don't have any portable storage - CDs and a CD player and streaming... Maybe I just need to bring the Cary Streamer/DAC and be done with it.

I was out of town this weekend and didn't have time to listen a lot to the Pass Labs amp. But it does sound great. Time to try out the MySpheres now... It will take a bit to get used to positioning them!

Pass Labs in Rack.jpg

Oct 30, 2019 at 5:46 PM Post #63 of 76
I'm out, daughter needs me to help wtih her gallery setup. maybe next time.

Oct 30, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #64 of 76
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone also, and will get with Thom on what food I should bring. I just purchased a Pass Labs headphone amplifier so hope to bring it, assuming everyone/anyone is interested in hearing it. I might as well bring my Ether 2s also.

At the first of the month I emailed the guys at Woo Audio about (eventually) receiving a set of the MySphere headphones to demo - at the time they had a pair but I wasn't then in a position to give them a listen. If anyone is interested, maybe I could call/write and see if they still have a pair available; if they do I could have them in time for the meet??? Thoughts? Interest?

I was talking to Doug at ecp today (he makes these),

and he was extolling the virtues of the Senn HD 650s as well as the Focal Clear (or, the Focal Utopias). I've never heard either; if someone has them and wants to bring them I'd be interested in having a listen!
I have the HD-6xx’s which are the 650’s so I will bring them and just ordered a pair of Dekoni Frenesrated Sheepskin pads for them that have heard some good things about so will have them also. The My Sphere is a new update on the AKG K1000’s without the power requirements but give you kind of the same feel as their openness but do sound quite different. Looking forward to hearing them again.

Oct 30, 2019 at 8:51 PM Post #65 of 76
Excited to hear this one will be a bit larger! Working out what I'll have this time around but I will for sure have some eStats!

Namely Jade II and a Koss ESP 95X both running out of my RME Adi 2

I'm thinking I'll bring along the Schiit Modi 3 and Lyr to run the LCD X and LCD 2 Classic with the ZMF Cables I had last time around and most likely I'll have my HD 600 and Auris Euterpe as it's own little deal

Going to leave the Ember II, modded SET HD 800 and some of the stuff I've had in the past home this time around I think!

Oct 31, 2019 at 12:07 AM Post #66 of 76
High end audio in 1903 (Columbia Disc Graphophone), may be making an appearance at the meet.

74664578_419974281888322_3748302282312122368_n.jpg

Oct 31, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #67 of 76
If anyone has an extra headphone stand or two I could use during the meet on Saturday, that would be great as I have yet to purchase one.

Or, if you have an old stand for sale or rent or gift, I'd consider that option too! I just haven't gotten around to that detail yet!

Oct 31, 2019 at 2:25 PM Post #68 of 76
If anyone has an extra headphone stand or two I could use during the meet on Saturday, that would be great as I have yet to purchase one.

Or, if you have an old stand for sale or rent or gift, I'd consider that option too! I just haven't gotten around to that detail yet!
I'll pack some extras for ya

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:51 AM Post #69 of 76
A heads up for everyone attending

I'm going to have the cost ESP 95x and Jade2 electrostatic systems running at max volume with a preamp to adjust the listening levels

Set preamp will switch between the two when you're at my table please remember to turn the preamp all the way down before listening switching tracks and swapping between the two electrostatic systems again the answer a little bit fussy and I find the experience is overall smoother if you let the preamp adjust the volume control and keep the amplifiers at a fixed output level.

TLDR Little Silver Box controls volume for the two black electrostat amplifier and headphone system

Nov 1, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #71 of 76
Zan,
Thanks. I have no idea how many Head-Fi members are near Guatemala. You could create a thread in this forum, host a meeting, and pick a date maybe 4 months away. Hopefully someone will respond to your thread.

Nov 1, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #72 of 76
Kilkil,
Thank you for the idea, it would be great to have a response from one person at least.
Good luck with the weather!

Nov 3, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #74 of 76
Nov 3, 2019 at 4:57 PM Post #75 of 76
Sorry we didn't make it. Laura's foot was acting up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back