Nan-6 planar headphone ?
Dec 9, 2022 at 9:48 AM Post #166 of 204
Dec 9, 2022 at 12:31 PM Post #167 of 204
He6 se v2 for $449 on adorama. Best value
Do you think they sound the same. For me HE6 SE v2 was very close to the original. I believe it needs better pads warm up the midrange and deepen the bass frequencies. Actually I need to buy HE6 SE v2 again.

Dec 9, 2022 at 12:35 PM Post #169 of 204
Dec 9, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #170 of 204
I ordered $399 well worth it. Need to buy pads lol
Yeah, I agree. The stock pads emphasize the dip from 1-2khz dip accentuated by extra energy at 3-5khz. I personally prefer the V2 with velour pads like the Round Velour or Velpad, since they fill in the dip a bit and tame the 3-5khz region.

Now that Nan-6 is on Ali, it's tempting, even at the markup. I would buy it in a heartbeat if anyone could confirm that it hits like an OG HE-6. I have a suspicion that's it closer to the tamer HE6se V1/2 and I already own the V2. I did see a review of someone comparing the Nan-7 to the OG HE-6, although it wasn't that positive.

Dec 9, 2022 at 4:34 PM Post #172 of 204
What is the sound difference between nan6 and nan7 and how do they differ from he6se and susvara ?

Dec 14, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #173 of 204
Well not ready for the Nan as I'm not sure about the 6 as it is hard to drive. I'm powering the HE6-se V2 off my 2 channel 300b tube amp and it's not powerful enough in gain. Im surprised that the amp is producing such low end oomph. So $399 I paid kinda makes me think waiting for the Nan 7 better for easier drive. My WA6 that is modded with beefier power supply and others is able to make them sound awesome but no gain for louder.

Dec 14, 2022 at 8:25 PM Post #174 of 204
Dec 15, 2022 at 10:35 PM Post #175 of 204
Well not ready for the Nan as I'm not sure about the 6 as it is hard to drive. I'm powering the HE6-se V2 off my 2 channel 300b tube amp and it's not powerful enough in gain. Im surprised that the amp is producing such low end oomph. So $399 I paid kinda makes me think waiting for the Nan 7 better for easier drive. My WA6 that is modded with beefier power supply and others is able to make them sound awesome but no gain for louder.
A normal single-ended 300b amp delivers 8w at 4/8ohm. So it equals to swing 8Vrms or 1.28Wrms at 50ohm. Dr. Fang Bian recommended amp for HE6 at least 2Wrms at 50ohm. So your amp must swing at least 10Vrms or more. I use 12W el84 push-pull amp to drive HE6SE V2, volume up at 12h-2h. It sound better at 4ohm tab but you loose some gain. My HE6SE V2 sounds great with my diy Firstwatt F5 - 25W class A, but you need a preamp.

Dec 17, 2022 at 9:45 PM Post #176 of 204
Schiit Loki Mini+ bass boost for my Nan-7 headphone
Brew haha haa....

Connected the Loki Mini+ to my Bryston BHA-1 RCA inputs, then used the pre-amp output to connect to my Bryston 3bst power Amp.

So now I got EQ knob control from my RCA only Loki Mini+ model to the power Amp.
This sounds fun.

DC2 - - > MPatch2 - - > Loki Mini+ - - > BHA-1 - - > 3BST

Volume control from the MPatch2. Nan-7 full slam stack and Loki Mini+ bass boost

Jan 6, 2023 at 11:15 AM Post #177 of 204
^Whoa, all that bass :)
I was thinking Nan-7 >Bryston BHA-1 bass is plentiful ( there when needed). I have Lokius in another system, might have to try it with BHA-1 at some point
cheers!!

Jan 7, 2023 at 1:35 PM Post #178 of 204
^Whoa, all that bass :)
I was thinking Nan-7 >Bryston BHA-1 bass is plentiful ( there when needed). I have Lokius in another system, might have to try it with BHA-1 at some point
cheers!!
did you purchase the nan 7? If yes, do you mind doing a comparison post with the susvara (assuming you've tried the susvara before) later?
Thanks!!

Jan 7, 2023 at 3:32 PM Post #179 of 204
^ Yes, purchased Nan-7 few months ago. I don't have the Susvara and even if I do , I probably wouldn't be able to articulate what I hear, sorry.
Comfort and ability to listening without fatiguing are my top criteria with gears. Maybe someday, I will understand all the terminologies

Jan 15, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #180 of 204
^ Yes, purchased Nan-7 few months ago. I don't have the Susvara and even if I do , I probably wouldn't be able to articulate what I hear, sorry.
Comfort and ability to listening without fatiguing are my top criteria with gears. Maybe someday, I will understand all the terminologies
Any chance you or anyone who has a nan-7 can try to explain how they sound? Do you feel they are good enough to compete with other headphones like LCDX/Arya/focal clear? Or are they really good enough to compete with something even better like Susvara or LCD4?

I’m considering ordering a pair on aliexpress but it’s so hard to get an understanding of how good they actually sound in relation to other products on the market. If anyone can share a few words describing the sound and maybe compare vs another headphone you’ve heard or even just mention what you like or if you feel they lack anything, I’d really appreciate it!

I realize this is a nan-6 thread but it’s the only place I can find anyone actually talking about the 7..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back