NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Oct 22, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #3,327 of 3,345
Just out curiosity. Did you guys moved from HP50? What did you buy?
Denon D5200 is a good upgrade IMHO. Slightly more bass, but very coherent, refined, musical sound. Punchy low-end from a decent source.
If you do not want more bass then a used Denon D2000 is also a good buy. Close to the sound character of the HP50, but better comfort, bigger soundstage. (Home use only.)
Both are closed cans.

I tried HiFiMan Ananda (open) and Focal Elegia (closed) this summer. They were not really my cup of tea.

Oct 22, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #3,328 of 3,345
Denon D5200 is a good upgrade IMHO. Slightly more bass, but very coherent, refined, musical sound. Punchy low-end from a decent source.
If you do not want more bass then a used Denon D2000 is also a good buy. Close to the sound character of the HP50, but better comfort, bigger soundstage. (Home use only.)
Both are closed cans.

I tried HiFiMan Ananda (open) and Focal Elegia (closed) this summer. They were not really my cup of tea.
Would you say that Denon 5200 is warm, neutral, bright? I find NAD neutral, slightly warm. Engaging but not fatiguing. I like them because of that.

Oct 22, 2023 at 7:59 AM Post #3,329 of 3,345
Would you say that Denon 5200 is warm, neutral, bright? I find NAD neutral, slightly warm. Engaging but not fatiguing. I like them because of that.
D5200 is also a slightly warm character with a very pleasant, elevated bass. Not basshead levels like Sony Z7 or Meze 99 Classics (I had those), but a decent, fat, punchy low-end.

I can easily recommend it because almost everybody liked its sound in our Hungarian headphone community. And this is a very rare thing. :)

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #3,330 of 3,345

Users who are viewing this thread

Back