NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Nov 17, 2017 at 3:24 PM Post #3,001 of 3,345
To each it's own...
I use my ATH M50s with my Dekoni pads, and nothing you describe there manifests itself, even via my cheap BT dongle. :wink: My HP50 rarely gets any play time anymore especially for serious listening, not that it sounds bad, but my ATH M50 is just that much better. :smile_phones:

Which Dekoni pads are you using on your M50x?
There are several to choose from.

Nov 17, 2017 at 4:09 PM Post #3,002 of 3,345
Does Dekoni have a pair of earpads that can work with the NAD HP50s? I looked on their website, didn't see anything specific but wonder if the replacements for the M50x or MDR-7506 might work.

I've searched and haven't found anyone with pads made precisely for the NAD HP50s. From what I can tell, pads for the Sony MDR-V7506 are a somewhat close match (vertical size is right, but the 7506 has wider, slightly oval pads so it's not a perfect match). I tried a number of 7506 replacement pads on the HP50 and the sound is ruined by other pads. The only pads that preserve the excellent sound of the HP50 in my experience have been the HP50 pads. I think this is due to a combination of the foam density in the pads, the outer material of the pads, including the foam material spanning the inside of the pads that covers the driver.

Nov 18, 2017 at 6:49 AM Post #3,003 of 3,345
Nov 26, 2017 at 7:30 PM Post #3,004 of 3,345
Finally replaced my broken Senn hd 600s with these. I am VERY pleased with my decision. Got them for $160 in red - feels like a steal to me. Hard to imagine anyone would dislike their sound signature (they're like the hd 600s in that way).

Nov 26, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #3,005 of 3,345
Finally replaced my broken Senn hd 600s with these. I am VERY pleased with my decision. Got them for $160 in red - feels like a steal to me. Hard to imagine anyone would dislike their sound signature (they're like the hd 600s in that way).

Yeah I paid $300 CAD for mine in Jan this year, around $250 USD at the time. Worth every penny. At $160 they're a crazy good bargain for the sound.

Dec 24, 2017 at 4:36 AM Post #3,007 of 3,345
The only drawback I find with these cans (VISO HP50) is their kinda dumb design.
Looks wise I don't own a headphone uglier than this.

I mean...the headband not only that is poorly designed, but it is not even comfortable. It just sits on one half of centimeter on my head. Bummer.

Dec 24, 2017 at 9:21 AM Post #3,008 of 3,345
I think the Philips Fidelio X2 is "uglier" when it is on the head,[but who is looking right?] but far more comfortable and to me it sounds better too, however it is an open headphone so it's not a fair comparison in that regard.Having said that the HP 50 is cheaply made indeed, and the sub $200 price is where it belongs for that reason alone.

Jan 7, 2018 at 12:04 PM Post #3,009 of 3,345
Hi all,
so i had a case of bad luck and my right earcup broke off from the headband while i was taking them off.
hbqTjkJ.jpg

So these are essentially useless now. The cable wasnt damaged inside but right earcup is basically just hanging on that cable.

What would mighty Head-Fi suggest to do with these? I contacted NAD to see what are my options, but I would like to have a second opinion from users here.

Maybe someone has one the headband and it is not needed any more? or just the broken part?

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #3,010 of 3,345
The EXACT same thing happened to me with these last year. I actually had really bad luck with the build with two pairs of these.

One, there was a small screw loose inside one of the cups, and it made a horrible rattling sound if you even just turned your head.

And two - the above issue that you had. I was under warranty through NAD, but only for a refurbished pair. I've moved on to another set of cans, so these are in my closet now.

Are you under warranty still?

Hi all,
so i had a case of bad luck and my right earcup broke off from the headband while i was taking them off.

So these are essentially useless now. The cable wasnt damaged inside but right earcup is basically just hanging on that cable.

What would mighty Head-Fi suggest to do with these? I contacted NAD to see what are my options, but I would like to have a second opinion from users here.

Maybe someone has one the headband and it is not needed any more? or just the broken part?

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #3,011 of 3,345
The EXACT same thing happened to me with these last year. I actually had really bad luck with the build with two pairs of these.

One, there was a small screw loose inside one of the cups, and it made a horrible rattling sound if you even just turned your head.

And two - the above issue that you had. I was under warranty through NAD, but only for a refurbished pair. I've moved on to another set of cans, so these are in my closet now.

Are you under warranty still?
I should be under warranty, I am just curious as to what NAD will say. Also I am considering what to do in the worst case scenario. I mean, even if i can return these, get a refund, I am not so keen to do it as I do like these.

Jan 7, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #3,012 of 3,345
I should be under warranty, I am just curious as to what NAD will say. Also I am considering what to do in the worst case scenario. I mean, even if i can return these, get a refund, I am not so keen to do it as I do like these.
They will just have to decide if it's a manufacturing defect or not.

Where do you live? Luckily I live in Canada, so it was a fairly easy process that my store/dealer dealt with.

Jan 9, 2018 at 7:02 AM Post #3,013 of 3,345
They will just have to decide if it's a manufacturing defect or not.

Where do you live? Luckily I live in Canada, so it was a fairly easy process that my store/dealer dealt with.
I am in Europe. It is a bit more tricky here as not that many suppliers actually have HP50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back