NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Sep 30, 2014 at 5:32 AM Post #1,411 of 3,345
Comparing the FiiO RC-MH1 with the stock cable, volume matched listening to the fiio X5/e12 I would say that the Fiio cable sounds more alive and open than the stock cable which sounds dead in comparison.

This may well differ from user to user and obviously there is a timelag between cables so it could all be in my mind but i am happy with feel and length and seeming better sound of the FiiO RC-MH1 so it is a keeper

d

Oct 1, 2014 at 6:13 PM Post #1,412 of 3,345
Looks like these cans are coming into my arms soon 
dt880smile.png

Oct 2, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,414 of 3,345

Sure it looks nasty, but works like a charm :)

Put a glue a little inside the hole and a little on the metallic part, then insert it and hold several minutes. Then you can put it aside, and wait for an hour before you can use them.
No brainer - just a glue, you know. But a really strong one.

Oct 3, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #1,415 of 3,345

Sure it looks nasty, but works like a charm :)

Put a glue a little inside the hole and a little on the metallic part, then insert it and hold several minutes. Then you can put it aside, and wait for an hour before you can use them.
No brainer - just a glue, you know. But a really strong one.

works great I'm sure.  Problem solved.  Nice job.  And resale value just went down to about $1.  
biggrin.gif

Oct 4, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #1,416 of 3,345
I wonder if Paul Barton only tuned these cans or also designed the exterior....

Oct 9, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #1,418 of 3,345
Finally our cat ate all the cables that came with these headphones. I have already ordered once new cable from importer and it cost 15 euros($19). I don't even want to know what the version with controller costs. Luckily it does not seem to work that well with Android anyway even with JAYS Headset Control app.

What are some decent and cheap cables that fit nicely to these headphones or what are more expensive and more cat bite resistant? I bet they can chew any cables if they have time, but usually they are sneaky mother****ers and get the cable with first bite and then it is already too late. Stronger cables might survive long enough to save them.

Edit: Ordered these. I don't know if they are any stronger but the mesh thingy might buy some time if forget cable laying somewhere.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:10 PM Post #1,419 of 3,345
  Finally our cat ate all the cables that came with these headphones. I have already ordered once new cable from importer and it cost 15 euros($19). I don't even want to know what the version with controller costs. Luckily it does not seem to work that well with Android anyway even with JAYS Headset Control app.

What are some decent and cheap cables that fit nicely to these headphones or what are more expensive and more cat bite resistant? I bet they can chew any cables if they have time, but usually they are sneaky mother****ers and get the cable with first bite and then it is already too late. Stronger cables might survive long enough to save them.

Edit: Ordered these. I don't know if they are any stronger but the mesh thingy might buy some time if forget cable laying somewhere.

Try monoprice. All their things have lifetime warranty i believe. $3.50 for cables and probably not too expensive shipping.

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #1,421 of 3,345

Try monoprice. All their things have lifetime warranty i believe. $3.50 for cables and probably not too expensive shipping.

BTW I have that cable for my HD7DJ and the mesh is just plastic kind of material. V-Moda cables work too. They are durable. Why don't you store your cables in a drawer when not in use?

Oct 9, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #1,422 of 3,345
  BTW I have that cable for my HD7DJ and the mesh is just plastic kind of material. V-Moda cables work too. They are durable. Why don't you store your cables in a drawer when not in use?

They are in drawer. This time I put my headphones down for a second on a table, turned around for a minute and there they both were destroying them. It only takes like a second.

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:07 PM Post #1,423 of 3,345

They are in drawer. This time I put my headphones down for a second on a table, turned around for a minute and there they both were destroying them. It only takes like a second.

oh wow

Oct 9, 2014 at 10:00 PM Post #1,424 of 3,345
Cats are so funny. Your cats sound evil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back