NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
Sep 9, 2014 at 7:31 AM Post #1,397 of 3,345
I have no worries at all about the build quality of the HP50s.  They seem very sturdily made to me.  Unless you plan on standing on them or doing some other crazy thing to them, but that would apply to any headphone (except maybe the German Maestro 8.35s!)

Sep 13, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #1,398 of 3,345
This hp is starting to become more and more comfortable. I was wearing it while watching some show, then I moved back forgetting the fact that I'm wearing one, then the cable dragged my laptop off the cooler (OMG).

Weird.

Sep 14, 2014 at 12:36 AM Post #1,399 of 3,345
Great headphone, stupidly short cable. 10 foot cable that fits and sounds the same , about $10 search Monoprice cable flat 3.55mm cable.

Sep 15, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #1,400 of 3,345
Hi everyone, 

ive heard that the NAD viso Headphones have a removable pads, 
does anybody know where it is possible to get replacable pads? any online retail or nice replacable of another brand, 
i even asked NAD support but i didnt get clear answer(more likly ignoring..) . much appricate your help, its somehow undiscussed issue but i think its extremly importent for its value. 

Sep 16, 2014 at 2:58 AM Post #1,401 of 3,345
  Hi everyone, 

ive heard that the NAD viso Headphones have a removable pads, 
does anybody know where it is possible to get replacable pads? any online retail or nice replacable of another brand, 
i even asked NAD support but i didnt get clear answer(more likly ignoring..) . much appricate your help, its somehow undiscussed issue but i think its extremly importent for its value. 

NAD replied the following, when I was asking recently....

EDIT:
Have to add , that I selected "Germany" within the contact form.
I don't know, if Dynaudio also provides NAD replacement parts in other countries.

Hello Tom,

Thank you for contacting the NAD Electronics Support Centre

[...]

Please be advised that you should be able to purchase all replacement parts for these headphones directly from your country's distributor, Dynaudio International GmbH and they should also be able to recommend a location near you that may supply them as well.

Dynaudio International GmbH 
Ohepark 2 
21224 Rosengarten-Nenndorf 
+49 (0)4108 - 4180-0 
+49 (0)4108 - 4180-10 (fax)
kontakt@nad.de 
www.nad.de

We hope this information is helpful.

Best regards,

[...]

Sep 16, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #1,402 of 3,345
thanks for your replay, 
unfortuntly till now i get a nagtive responce from several distiribution and retails,
i wonder if NAD ever produced replacement pads for these headphones,
im really disappointed....the ear pads works fine now, but i feel like an essential feature is missing 

Sep 17, 2014 at 9:52 AM Post #1,403 of 3,345
  thanks for your replay, 
unfortuntly till now i get a nagtive responce from several distiribution and retails,
i wonder if NAD ever produced replacement pads for these headphones,
im really disappointed....the ear pads works fine now, but i feel like an essential feature is missing 

If the distributor in your country does not carry these, then recommend you contact NAD via their
website https://support.nadelectronics.com and submit a support request.  

Sep 18, 2014 at 4:09 AM Post #1,404 of 3,345
The NAD Viso HP50 is a well crafted and very comfortable headphone, and I travel with mine in a backpack, but i don't think the earpad hinges would be very forgiving under some tension at the wrong angle, so I usually keep them at the top of my bag and i haven't had any issues.  

Sep 20, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #1,405 of 3,345
I've ended up writing some impressions in another thread that I feel might be relevant to this thread, especially if anyone is interested in comparisons between HD598, HE400, NAD VISO HP50 and Sony MA900.  I'm also plugging the HRT Microstreamer to be THE MOST COST EFFECTIVE UPGRADE I'VE EVER BOUGHT IN NEARLY 20 YEARS OF INTEREST IN AUDIO GEAR.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/663121/sony-mdr-ma900-impressions-thread/1365#post_10897701

Sep 26, 2014 at 7:27 PM Post #1,406 of 3,345
Hi all,

Do you really recommend these headphones to buy? It'll be pairing with some sources such as DX90, iPhone 5S, MacbookPro and AK120.

I currently have Sennheiser Momentum and Audio Technica ESW9 as a full-size phones. IMO ESW9 is better than Momentums, it'd be a clue to find out what kind of sound signatures I like. However, I value clear presentation a lot!

I have read many quite good comments on HP50, so would it be an upgrade?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 26, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #1,407 of 3,345
its a YES.
its one of the best headphones out there right now.
and cheaper considering its sound quality.

the con is its not as good looking as the others ;(
but, considering its sound, its one of the best :)
im happy coz i purchased mine for only 200usd here in my country.
wearing them will make you look awkward among others :0

been using dx90 and iphone 5c combo with ak10.

Sep 29, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #1,408 of 3,345
First post here...

I've had the HP 50 for about a year now as portable headphones and mostly used them in combination with a HTC One or a Laptop. As they are my first pair of non-headset over-ear headphones, I can't contribute any comparisons, but I've been generally happy with them. :wink:

Admittedly, I never compared them to anything else, neither before nor after buying them. They seemed to be a good choice in the Momentum price range (as I got them for slightly less than a pair of Momentum's would've cost). My early issues were the relatively poor isolation compared to the usual in-ear headphones I had been using previously as well as the ergonomics. I have rather large ears... The latter got better over time (got used to the fit of the headphones), while the former was only relevant in really noisy environments (busy street, badly isolated train wagon...).
There is one construction issue (at least with my pair and/or my way to use/transport them), which is the hinge holding the earcup. It seems to be an aluminium part which is attached to the plastic part from the earcup by two miniscule screws. Somehow, one of those screws has managed to unscrew itself several times now. So, if any of you hear a rattling noise from the earcup, I suggest to check those screws . :wink:
Unfortunately, my pair broke yesterday. >.< I have never been overly careful with them nor have I been overly rude. They were always transported in a backpack, but they dropped 2-3 times from about desk height. This didn't do any harm until I managed to drop them once more yesterday - again, from the desk. Afterwards I noticed that the spring, which rotates the right earcup back when you twist it, didn't work anymore. When I inspected the damage more closely today, I found that the hinge at the end of the extendable wire of the headband had snapped (it's a metal part... o.O). I'm now able to pull the earpad from the headphone. :frowning2:

They still work perfectly and the earcup holds because it fits tightly enough into the hinge. But I'm not quiet comfortable with this kind of mechanical damage. Without replacement parts, there isn't much hope of repairing them I fear. Glue might not help much or for long in this case. Any suggestions or experience? I'd really like to repair them or have them repaired...

This is what it look like:
https://flic.kr/p/prY1fA

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #1,409 of 3,345
Use fast epoxy my friend, it helped me in even worse case (with same can).

Now people, don't think that these break too often, I just broke them myself, when tried to bend them, because the clamping wasn't uniform on top and on the bottom of the ear.
So comfort-wise, you have to try them before you buy.

Sep 30, 2014 at 3:56 AM Post #1,410 of 3,345
i bought the FiiO RC-MH1 on sale or return basis and can confirm it fits the HP50 securely.

The cable is longer than stock and feels pliable yet thicker than the stock cable.

The sound is excellent and after running in? i will post comments on its sound versus the stock cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back