NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton?
May 8, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #1,021 of 3,345
  @eliwankenobi - I've noticed that they curiously only allowed rotation of the pads in one direction and that is towards one's nose when wearing them. I think it would've been more helpful if it were able to rotate the other way towards the back of one's head since in general our head shape is slightly tapered as it goes towards the back of the head.

Try this, wear it reversed with R on your left ear and then play around with the angle of the pads and its positioning. Of course this isn't ideal since the channels are now reversed but at least see if that improves comfort any.

Thanks for the reply and suggestion.  But more than the rotation of the cups, is the fit of the headband on the top of my head. I feel more pressure at the very top and makes it feel uncomfortable. Maybe If I had a sqaure shaped head (maybe Paul Barton's is like that?), the headband would distribute the weight better. Not that it was a heavy headphone, but since it was not well distributed, it was not a set and forget sort of thing. I always was trying to adjust them, then the cups rotation would not help in getting a good seal. The lower rear part of the cups would not seat well. In the end...I think my head was not very compatible with the design of this HP.   Then Add to that that the headband makes you look ridiculous when wearing it, and for me it was like, none of this should not happen on a $300 headphone. So it may not be the headphone for me, but in spite of all that, it sounded awesome!

May 8, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #1,022 of 3,345
  If anyone is looking to replace the cheesy cable that came with the NAD VISO. I bought these on E Bay and they work great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271103101785?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

How long are these cables, exactly?
It does not specify how long they are on the ebay site.

May 10, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #1,024 of 3,345
Can anyone describe how the HP50 compare to the Sony MDR-1R in terms of sound quality, soundstage, isolation and comfort?

I have the MDR-1R currently, and I'm very tempted to upgrade to the HP50 :)

EDIT: Also, will decent, cheap, normal _extension_ cables work with the HP50? I can't live with ultra-short  1,2 meter long cables when I'm using my phones at the computer..

May 12, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #1,025 of 3,345
I'm wondering if any of these cables below will fit inside the jack of the HP50:

http://www.av-cables.dk/minijack-kabler/belkin-proav1000-minijack-kabel-2-m.html

http://www.av-cables.dk/minijack-kabler/lindy-chromo-minijack-kabel-3-m.html

Does someone know by simply judging on the pictures in the links above? :) Would appreciate any help on this.

So close on buying these cans, but I surely cannot live with a 1,2 meter long cable, and I'm very much in doubt if it's possible to get decent replecement cables that actually fit inside the jack(s) of the cans.

May 12, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #1,026 of 3,345
I'm wondering if any of these cables below will fit inside the jack of the HP50:

http://www.av-cables.dk/minijack-kabler/belkin-proav1000-minijack-kabel-2-m.html

http://www.av-cables.dk/minijack-kabler/lindy-chromo-minijack-kabel-3-m.html

Does someone know by simply judging on the pictures in the links above? :) Would appreciate any help on this.

So close on buying these cans, but I surely cannot live with a 1,2 meter long cable, and I'm very much in doubt if it's possible to get decent replecement cables that actually fit inside the jack(s) of the cans.

The second of those looks promising. I will be constructing a cable with similar jacks to that. Will let you know how it goes

May 12, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #1,027 of 3,345
V-MODA responded in the affirmative to my question about their coiled cord fitting on the XS model, so it may very well be an option for the Viso HP50, in addition to their audio-only and other cords.

Despite V-MODA's customer service advice, the CoilPro will NOT fit the XS.  There's a locking tab that interferes.  I was reluctant to cut it off and see if it would fit the XS or the HP50, but it looks to me that it will NOT fit either, even if I cut off the tab.  AARGH!  Shipping it back for a refund.

May 14, 2014 at 11:25 PM Post #1,028 of 3,345
Hi guys. I am thinking of getting the nad viso hp50 as well but I constantly read about how weird they look on the head. I shave my egg shaped head but like to think that I am ruggedly handsome overall. Can anybody describe what it looks like, or even post some photos if they feel up to it before I plop a few hundred. Thanks.

May 15, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #1,031 of 3,345
Hi guys. I am thinking of getting the nad viso hp50 as well but I constantly read about how weird they look on the head. I shave my egg shaped head but like to think that I am ruggedly handsome overall. Can anybody describe what it looks like, or even post some photos if they feel up to it before I plop a few hundred. Thanks.

Just click images top right and see....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back